Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
why (triggery)
washedaway posted:
Hi everyone. Trigger space...........................................................

why is it that after having a nice relaxing, enjoyable weekend, I want to hurt myself more than i did before i left? I spent time with family (family members i actually enjoy being around) saw a good friend, had good food, and a good time, but now I want to hurt myself

I know this is not necessarily uncommon...but it's just weird and dumb
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
not weird or dumb. A lot of us react that way. Part of it is we get used to living with a certain degree of insanity/unrest in our day to day lives (often times due to our pasts)

So when we feel good and safe and normal, its unnerving. I liken it when I was young and would go a day or two with no abuse then WHAM...it was much easier to deal with it day to day then to have that happy time where I was just waiting for something bad to happen. ( I call it pre-traumatic stress disorder.)

Allow yourself to breath and acknowledge the tension, then remind your self. "I'm safe, and its okay"
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

washedaway replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Thank you for the feedback.

I am safe and it's ok...

Really...truly...no matter how much i don't feel it, i know it's true.

feel like crying tonight...and i might just let myself...which i NEVER do willingly...but i think i need to just let myself feel for once without needing to hurt myself
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was brought here by fate. I truly believe that. I am a young woman with alot of heart. I am disabled and am having trouble dealing with that. Other ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.