Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
GRATITUDE MAY 10.12
jankearney123 posted:
TODAY I REACH FOR PEACE DEEP DOWN INSIDE ME TO CALM THE PAIN WRETCHING IN MY BODY. I AM GRATEFUL THAT I CAN TRY.

NEXT...

off_the_wall responded:
Even though I feel guilty about it, I am grateful that my baby girl will sit quietly and watch educational videos when I'm feeling too sick to do anything else with her.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
I am grateful that I have no appointments today and can spend the day in my pjs.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am grateful for all of you. If you all can keep putting one foot in front of the other, despite the pain, then I can too.

I am grateful for a busy weekend ahead with friends and family.

Who's next?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

besmith75 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm grateful that after a full day of work, my 8 year old's Shaolin Kung Fu class, and a trip to the grocery store...I'm finally able to sit (for a minute).

I'm grateful that I've been going to the same coffee shop for so long that the sweet kids that work there all know me by name (and order). Today I got a free coffee...just because.

Next?

besmith75 replied to off_the_wall's response:
And OTW...DO NOT feel guilty. That comes with the territory...and if you have a little one who will actually sit still and watch educational videos...count your blessings instead of feeling bad!! She's fine. She's learning...and she knows that mommy is right there loving her.

off_the_wall replied to besmith75's response:
Besmith- thanks for telling me not to feel guilty but I can't help it, I do feel guilty about letting her watch an educational video each day. She only watches Signing Time videos (30 minute videos that teach American Sign Language to young hearing children) but I guess I read too much because I know the AAP says not only can children under the age of 2 not learn from educational videos, it actually negatively affects their developmental learning. That being said, my daughter gets so excited when I let her watch Signing Time and she does know about 10 different signs (though I do believe she probably learned them because my husband and I use them with her rather than from her watching the videos). It's easy to feel guilty about things when you're a mom...

jankearney123 replied to off_the_wall's response:
My kids watched sesame street and mr. rogers and a couple others and they turned out just fine as have many millions of children. Relax............believe me she's growing a brain to become independent of you one day. Imagine that? Isn't that what we want our children to become? i know i got a card from my son today with a 25.00 gift card to starbucks for mothers day and it said thanks for all you do back when they were here and even now that they are gone. I found that real entertaining because i can't imagine in the slightest what i could have done since they've been gone. I no one thing for sure is tho i'm going to go cheap on them for their birthdays and other gifts as well. my son will learn that what goes around comes around! He's p;ulling down a heck of a lot of money and he shows his true colors. we will even see if he calls me on m.day

Spotlight: Member Stories

SH for 13 yrs. Here for support and hopefully support others.

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.