Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
GOING ON A PICNIC LEAVING RIGHT AWAY
jankearney123 posted:
AND IF IT DOESN'T RAIN i'M GONNA STAY ALL DAY

WHO WILL BRING THE HOT DOGS
FRAN WILL BRING THE HOT DOGS

WHO WILL BRING THE.......

NEXT????????????????????????

LETS HAVE A HELLAVA PICNIC GIRLS AND LAUGH A LOT TOO

Kate_Te responded:
I'll bring the chocolate, marshmallows & graham crackers for smores. Nothing beats chocolate & pure sugar to cheer a girl up.

besmith75 replied to Kate_Te's response:
I make a mean tortellini and parmesan pasta salad! I'm in!!

Anyone else??

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'll bring homemade German potato salad (no eggs) and homemade cucumber salad, nice and refreshing. SO yummy!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

jankearney123 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
just got back from bein in the hospital again for the pain and one of the nurses was very rude! So i'm glad i'm home and don't have to put up with anyones crap so far so good.

you all are making me hungry! we'll see if my daughter comes and fixes my computer and brings me and hubby dinner. She had no hesitation in going and getting her nails done without me!

boo hoo i missed daughter mother time. i'm very bummed but i was in such pain i couldn't stand it.

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
I'm sorry you are still in so much pain Fran. I'm also sorry your daughter didn't hold off & have mother/daughter time. She probably thought she was doing you a favor in not making you go when you hurt so much.
I hope she brings you a very nice dinner! I am also glad you're home - I hate hospitals. Looks like I might be going in one next week if I can't stop my brain. I hope not but we'll see.

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
[TRIGGER] hi kate te
yeah i 'm sick of being in pain and i guess i will start using starting tomorrow my tens units. i hope yhou can stop your intrusive thoughts. have you ever tried thought stopping. You put a vivid sigen of a stop sign in your head and if you're alone say out loud LOUDLY STOP. And then you switch the topic to which you were thinking about. it can be very useful. i feel semi suicidal tonight............i guess its a good thing husband has all meds except i stole the aspirin on this last fill up on meds. its like my get out of jail card ya know?

Hi Fran,
I hope you give the aspirin back to your husband. You don't need the temptation. Thanks for the tip. I'll try the STOP, the next time it comes up. I really hope the pain stops for you!!
Thank you,
Kate

HEY KATE KEEP AT IT WITH THE STOP AND USE A CRISIS LINE IF NEED BE. ALSO DON'T STAY TO LONG AT YOUR DADS HOUSE OR MAKE AN EXCUSE THAT YOU FEEL REALLY SICK AND EITHER GO LAY DOWN INA BEDROOM OR LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!

HERE'S ONE FOR YOU ..............IMAGINE THIS AND YOU BETTER LAUGH OK

kate is sitting at the dinner table with mil and father and the rest of the crowd..... the conversation is terse and she's getting upset. However, she's made a huge plan for a great escape....she brought fake vomit with her and she's going to pull the GREAT ESCAPE.........she starts to count it out 10, 9, (getting the button ready under her shirt) 8, 7, (asking for a cool cloth) 6,5,4, (making sure the button will work and checking the bag of fake vomit to make sure its full and ready to work) 3, 2, 1..................SPEWING ALL OVER THE STEP MOM AND ON THE CARPET AND THE PRETTY TABLE CLOTH! Kate slowly says Um i i gotta go now. i'm so sooooorrrrrry................looks the way olf the step mom and starts to gurgle and say o i gotta go. happy mothers day.

LOL I HOPE YOU LAUGH AND THINK OF THIS WHEN YOU'RE EATING WITH THEM!

I love it!! Where do I get a fake vomit bag? lmao

TRY SPENCERS GIFT STORE. THEY'RE USUALLY IN THE MALLS........OR A MAGIC STORE. GOOD LUCK. LET ME KNOW IF MISSION WAS ACCOMPLISHED OR NOT! you can fill them with icky stuff !

I'd love to do it, but don't have the guts to. I'll just try and hang with my dad - he sits downstairs & watches sports until we eat.

OR that'll do kate!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Canadian, 25. I've struggled with PTSD and SH since my mother had a severe heart attack and became severely brain damaged, then passed away 5...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.