Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TRIGGER
Kate_Te posted:
[TRIGGER] ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++++++++++++
I'm really struggling tonight. I don't know what my trigger is, maybe it's mother's day coming up, maybe it's that i agreed to go to my father's on sunday and visit him & his wife. (I don't call her a step-mom because although I've become friendly with her over the years, she's the woman my father left my mother for). I've been crying on & off all day. Now I find myself sitting at my computer with a brand spanking new razor blade. I won't kill myself, but might cut. Really feeling out there last couple of days, like my mind and my brain aren't connected. Sorry about this, just needed to get it out there.
Kate

besmith75 responded:
Don't apologize...please. That's why you're here...that's why we're all here...so that we don't have to apologize for who we are and what we do. I'm sorry if my mention of Mother's Day triggered anything for you.

(((HUGS))) if that's okay...

B

Kate_Te replied to besmith75's response:
You didn't trigger me B, I've been having a bad week. I realized earlier today that I had agreed to go to my Father's on Mother's day. & Hugs are always ok.
Kate

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
kate,

I'm sorry you're having a rough of it. i know my mil was the witch from hell and if you couple that with not only did she treate me badly she was horrid to my children especially my son and i'll never know why. maybe they reminded her to much of me.
things change tho and for me my husband 86'd them out of our lives about 10 or more years ago and since then its been so much more peace on that value of my life.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Kate,

It's many hours later now... how are you doing? Are you safe? Is there anyone you can call?

Please call a crisis line if you need help keeping yourself safe. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
trigger
Just got back from therapist. Talked her out of sending me to hospital, at least until Monday (they don't do much over the weekends anyway). We'll see how things go Sunday. I may end up in the hospital next week. I did cut last night, but not too bad. I just wish someone could turn off the part of my brain that is telling me to kill myself!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
I see you've continued to post on the board since and I hope you're still taking care of yourself, Kate.

I'm glad you talked with your therapist.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.