Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
sorry
jankearney123 posted:
read on a board that caprice moderates that the rules of etiquette are not all CAPS. I apologize if I've upset anyone from my all CAPS> I will quit doing that.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
THAT RULE DON'T APPLY TO US FRAN. HERE WE CAN DECIPHER YOUR INTENT.

IF YOU STOPPED WRITING IN ALL CAPS THEN I WOULD BE WORRIED ABOUT YOU, ITS JUST WHO YOU ARE AND WE LOVE YOU NO MATTER WHAT. YOU KEEP WRITING IN ALL CAPS AND I WILL KEEP UP MY CRAZY SPELLINGS.

AT MY WORK WE TYPE IN CALL CAPS WHEN WE PUT IN DOCTORS ORDERS - SO WHEN WE STOP TO EMAIL THEY ALWAYS LOOKS LIKE WE ARE SHOUTING MY WORK SIGN OFF IS THIS: "WORKING, NOT SHOUTING"

PAJA

(PS - DONT THINK i EVER TOLD YOU BUT STE'S HANDWRITING IS ALWAYS ALL CAPS.)
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

besmith75 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
My handwriting is also all caps. It drives people nuts! But I agree with Paja. We know what you're feeling by the way you write. Don't apologize and don't stop writing in 'Fran'.

B

off_the_wall responded:
Eh, sounds like a dumb rule to me....

jankearney123 replied to off_the_wall's response:
gee thanks! i'll see what caprice has to say too and others. that was very niced to see that you are so kind to me!

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
It doesn't bother me that you are in all caps. Like Paja said, I'd be concerned if you started typing in all lowercase.

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
I appreciate that kate te. i will await caprices final answer on this topic and then go from there. Ladies i really appreciate all of you weighing in on this!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Fran and everyone,

It's not a 'rule', it's more of a request and suggestion just like we encourage long posts to be broken up into paragraphs for easier reading.

It's common online etiquette to not post in all-caps because it can be hard to read (and on many of our communities, vision problems are already an issue) and because it implies shouting/anger. This has been commonly known for as long as I've been online (1996) no matter where you go.

But that's everywhere else and not here in this community, Fran, so no worries. We all know that when you use all-caps it's because that's how you need to express yourself at the time and it helps us know how you are doing.

It's all good. You have nothing to apologize for, Fran.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

jankearney123 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
k

jankearney123 replied to jankearney123's response:
i'm not ignorant i know what caps mean caprice fyi i'm sorry i ever started that behavior

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to jankearney123's response:
I would never think of you as 'ignorant', Fran. And I hope you won't stop using all-caps when you need to use them. As I said, it helps us know when you really need help. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

jankearney123 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
will never write here to get help unless its totally unrelated to my mental states such as i asked about my office admin. that i just hired. I'm on a hold.

off_the_wall replied to jankearney123's response:
Why not Fran? You don't trust us anymore?

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Fran, please don't say that. We love you here!

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
feel that helping others is what i'm meant to do. i've allienated just about everyone i know and i don't belong to aa anymore so i have one friend there and maybe one other tho she wrote me and i wrote her back and nothing so????????

but everyone judges me and or disgusted with me for being hurt again so i'm just shuttin up. No worries I'm good!

even making paragraphs so its easier to read! How's that?
I always seem to land on my feet and this too shall pass as it always does.

so whatcha all up to tonight? i found some mandelas on the internet and colored one a bit today. listening to john mayer right now on my ipod with earphones so i can just be by myself. yeppers

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a self mutilator for the last seven years of my life, and I need to get myself together before I go off to college for the first time in...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful