Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
keeping myselves accountable - triggery?
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
[TRIGGER]
  • ******************************************* ******************************* *************************************** ************************* **********

The prednisone is making me MANIC, absolutely flipping higher then a kite MANIC. It is never good when something affects all of me and leaves no unaffected alter to maintain control.

Me, Alex and Ste synced up and manic? wow....thats a LOT of energy! But ALL of me ALL BLEEPING ALL OF ME that is enough energy to power the sun for a billion years.

I run the risk of this turning ugly. In the past I have programmed a fail safe into myselves to not allow mania to go on without check. What we did to level me out bring me down was to injure.

I do not want to do that this time as the reason for the mania is a temporary medication induced state.

but how this is taxing me to keep me in control and not do stupid stuff. I might come here and leave rambling manifestos of mania inspired drivel, already been blogging today too.

Five more days of this....I am going to try not to respond to posts in this state cause I will not be able to control Alex/Ste and wow you don't want there 2 cents on any subject when they are manic LOL.

just breath little one and hang on...its 5 more days...only two more days at the max dose then the taper starts.

O.o
    I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.
    FirstPrevious12NextLast

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
    Have you told your doctor about this?

Hang on, all of you. Thank you for trying to take steps to keep everyone here safe. I hope you're able to do the same for yourself.
    You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

besmith75 replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    I was on prednisone for my sciatica & I can empathize. I spoke to my doc about what it was doing to me & she told me to stop taking it immediately. I agree with Caprice. Call your doc ASAP.

B

lostkate responded:
    I dont think you should wait, call the doc. If your like this now, what will two days bring you. I hate Prednisone, it helps but it does have its side effects.

Hang on, call the doc
    Kate

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to lostkate's response:
    [TRIGGER]
  • ************************************** ***************************** ******************************************** ***************************

yes everyone I have spoke with the Doc. He doesn't seem worried and said its normal. Doesn't feel normal to me. Its 8:30 am here and I am feeling normal and sane. The mania lasts till about 11pm then starts to fade. Its time to take those pills and I don't really want to.

I'm afraid.

************sexual abuse trigger below**************

It has never been confirmed but hypothesized by my T's and me that we think the reason Ste split into his own alters was that I was possibly drugged as a child while being raped.

He simply can not CAN NOT tolerate medication. It triggers him severely. Once any medication starts to affect me and make me feel off center he goes nuts.

With this blasted prednisone we are all affected and I can't offer him the support and comfort he needs. Yesterday on the drive home from work when we were winding down from the dose he started having flashbacks. Which triggered me cause some of the stuff he was burping up was new to me.

I will not delve into ANY prednisone induced memories due to the question of there validity.

today...my goal is to stay together and not loose any of me as we go sailing on this medication.

thank you all for the replys. I needed them yesterday. I kept telling myselves that we can come here and the board will tell me the truth.

Tcos
  •  
    Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    Holding on to all of you as you ride this out.
    You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    ~Christopher Robin to Pooh

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
    today its making me "irritable" like *OMGIMGUNNARUNMYCARINTOTACOBELLCAUSEIGOTSHORTEDONETACO* irritable.

sometimes I underestimate my alters. Some of them are soooo young I don't see them being viable protectors. Boots came up with something that has helped us all. I guess I forget they may be young, but they have already dealt with massively complex issues no child should ever have to face, and managed to come out victorious.

We are considering starting the taper tommorrow. The asprin helped more, my arm is just throbbing.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    blearf...sorry for got trigger space - just a post to remove other one from the front page.

washedaway replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    don't have any words...but i hear you
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
    It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

• ****************** ************************** ************************* *************************************** ************************ *******

yesterday was bad, really bad. the irritability grew into firious anger and i came a nano second away from doing some bad urge related SIV. THankgoodness my hubby was home early form work and he helped keep me safe. I kinda wandered the house crying and raging. ((*&^%%$$&*( this med. its bad.

I started the taper today instead of tommorrow like I am supost to, I am taking myself off this med. two pills today and one tommorrow and then its done.

its making me manic today and fidgity, i cna deal with that. beats teh bloody hell out of what we experienced yesterday.

spoke with my work and updated them on my condition, and that I can' twork on site like this.

I never call into work. I ffeel flipping awseful and wired and stoned and drugged and out of control.

hubby here today and tommorrow to help me through the weaning off process. uuugh....

blogging last night helped to keep my mind focused and me out of trouble. I am suprized how much I enjoy blogging. It doesn't matter no one reads it, its just very relaxing.

Tcos
  •  
    jankearney123 replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    tcos
    sometimes my husband has really bad reactions to meds. for instance most poeple bblow up while on prednisone and he looses anywhere between 15-20 lbs. crazy.

i'm glad you're tapering off. feel better soon.

socalmsg replied to besmith75's response:
    hi be smith, how are you doing? how long have you been dealing with sciatica ? : (

• ***************** ************************** ************************* *************************************** ************************ *******

first day of taper survived. working from home was difficult but boss was unable to locate my co-worker who is able to do my job. Took me FOUR hours to do something that should have taken max of 3. Only logged three hours of the time due to this.

effects waning, but still feel very emotionally liable right now. Told boss I was not even going to try to attempt working onsite tomorrow per my schedule. I have not called in "sick" ever at this job. 14 years .....never.

that is how bad this is for me.

one more day.

one more day - one more pill....TCOS is a battered ragged group of overwhelmed and triggered and exhausted children who's main protector is reeling from all this. We are seeing a side of him we haven't seen in eons.

makes us want to go to war to protect him.

one more pill. one more day of unpleasent side effects that threaten to push us off the ledge.

then I will never NEVER allow teh medical profession to EVER perscibe this for me again.

I wish we had a cat for Ste to curl up with tonight. a warm purring ball of fuzz next to his head as he sleeps.

Boots is dragging us off to bed.

"maylonquigin" she calls to us. [go to bed>

night all
  •  
  • **************** ************************** ************************* *************************************** ************************ *******

a few hours into the last taper doseage now

Starskee is unraveling itno very triggered flash backs. he is recalling when the abuse finally pushed him pas this coping levels and he himself split itno alters
    huansband here to watch us and keep us safe. frantically cleaning house to use up this INSANE manic energy
    we are now beyond our limts to keep our selves safe husband in charge
    am I even making sense today? feel like im 6 feet fromt eh key board. scared. waht a freaking BAD medication this is
    we are shocked tha t this level of side effects is considered ok. THIS IS OK? EVEN COMMON?
    this is not okay not okayhang on little one last day - lowest dose - tommorrow no pills no pills run for the hills - you can do this hang on 10 more hours then the effects will be waning and you will be free
    there is no lock on the attic door?
  •  
    off_the_wall replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
    I had to take prednisone once too and it was not good for me either. I went to drive to the store but halfway there had no idea where I was supposed to be going so I had to turn around and come home. I was pet sitting for my mother-in-law, let her dog out in the unfenced yard and forgot about the dog until about an hour later (luckily I found her down the street). I put dish soap in the dog's water dish, filled it with water, and gave it to the dogs. Freakin stuff made me out of my mind. Glad you are almost done taking them! Hang in there-- very glad you have your husband to help!

On another note though, it is doing wonders for my dog that is dying from cancer. She doesn't seem to be suffering and for that I am so thankful.

Spotlight: Member Stories

lot relevant things i could say... the last one i just got fired .. that complicate my to do list, dont give a # about money, it's just i got debt...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
    http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.