Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
triggery-ish
washedaway posted:
[TRIGGER] I'll start off with some good news...2 weeks from tomorrow I will graduate with my Bachelor's degree. It's been a long haul but i'm almost done!! Also...I got a significant raise at work this week and am anticipating another in the next month or so

Ok...on to the reason i'm posting tonight instead of just lurking (which is all i've felt up to lately...sorry )

I HATE BEING FEMALE - stupid hormones make me a raging ball of emotions and self-directed anger/rage/hatred. i can't keep myself from tearing up for any reason at any time in any company...and crying around people is super triggering for me...

I am at about 4.5 months since i last cut...but this week...even with the good stuff going on...i just want to slice the snot out of myself...went and looked at blades in the store today...left them there...but it was sooooooo tempting. I feel like I can't tell really anyone in person that i'm struggling...i'm supposed to be ok...and all they are going to tell me is that i need to cut back on work...which is all well and good...but work is honestly the least triggering part of my life...and i know i will be better once my hormones get back to their base rate...but the one person i feel i can tell that i'm struggling is a guy and he just won't get the whole hormones being the main reason behind the urges thing...so...all that to say...i just need to be heard and seen and for people to acknowledge my pain and struggles...

thank you for being here to "listen" whenever I need you all...
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

jankearney123 responded:
CONGRATUALTIONS KENDRA! WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT!

I'M SORRY YOU'RE STRUGGLING SO. TIS SO HARD I KNOW. I'M SO GLAD THAT YOU FEEL YOU CAN COME HERE AT LEAST AND LET IT OUT! AND THAT NO MATTER WHAT YOU'VE GOT TO SAY WE'LL BE HERE WITH PILLOWS FOR YOU TO FALL INTO.

MAN A BACHELORS DEGREE............HOW COOL IS THAT! YA KNOW I'VE FOUND THAT SOMETIMES WHEN GOOD THINGS HAPPEN TO ME I GET TRIGGERED. I'VE ALSO FOUND ITS COMMON WITH US THAT SH TO HAVE THAT KIND OF EPISODE THO I DON'T KNOW WHY?

SO WHATS YOUR BACHELORS IN? O CAN I GIVE YOU A BIG OLE CYBER HUG? AND IF I COULD I WOULD GIVE YOU A BEAUTIFUL GOLD AND SILVER PLAQUE THAT SAYS " KENDRA # 1 PERSON IN ACHIEVING AND OBTAINING HER GOALS THRU ALL ADVERSITIES THAT CAME HER WAY" BUT SOMEONETHING LIKE THAT AND THEN IT WOULD BE SOME FANCY PRINT BUT VERY READABLE AND THEN THERE WOULD BE A SPECIAL PLACE TO PUT YOUR DIPLOMA IN IT BEHIND A PIECE OF GLASS.
AND UNDERNEATH THE DIPLOMA IT WOULD SAY
ONE OF A KIND.....................AND THE DATE

YOU HANG IN THERE OK AND REMEMBER IF YOU CAN THAT THEY ARE ONLY URGES AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO ACT ON THEM.

slik_kitty responded:
yay!!!! congrats on graduating. so glad you left the blades at the store. i can remember when i was getting hospitalized on a monthly basis and no doc ever tied the severe depression in with my cycle. i finally reached that conclusion and told my doc. so you're not alone with how you feel. hugs

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations on the bachelor's!

It's now a few days later... how are you doing? Have you discussed this pattern with your doctor and looked at options which could help?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

washedaway replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice

I am doing better...still struggling...but not having the intense insane urges/depression/self-hatred that i was over the weekend

I haven't talked to my Dr about it...I noticed a HUGE increase in my depression when I started birth control...but no one seemed to take me seriously...even though that's one of the side effects listed...so i just added an AD and called it good...but now I'm off the BC and at the mercy of my own hormones and this is the first month I have really had a huge shift...if it continues over the next month or two I will follow up.

washedaway replied to jankearney123's response:
Hi Fran...

Thank you...your post made me cry (in a good way)

My bachelors is in psychology...plan on moving on to a masters after a couple of years of paying off bills and getting some rest

I would absolutely accept a cyber hug

jankearney123 replied to washedaway's response:
(((((((((((((((((((((((((K))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((K))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((K))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))1

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to washedaway's response:
I'm glad you'll be following up if this pattern continues for you. And very glad the worst of the intensity has settled a bit now.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

The first time I remember hurting myself I was about 13. I hit my head on a desk so hard I made my nose bleed. I first got diagnosed with depression w...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.