Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Anxious Tonight - Triggery
Kate_Te posted:
======================================================
======================================================
===================

Ok, this might not be to triggery, but just in case.. I'm extremely anxious today. I have a Dr's appointment tomorrow for something I've wanted my whole life. I'm terrified she is going to say no I can't have it.

I tried to reach out to my brother (he didn't return my call), to my father (he has a bad cold), my Aunt (she has company) and my friend (she's playing with her daughter who is turning 4 tomorrow. I probably wouldn't have talked about it with any of them except my friend, but just talking to someone and listening to their problems, calms my anxiety.

I'm a freaking wreck, shaky, racing thoughts, unable to think clearly, the whole nine yards. I guess I just wanted to vent. I need to be heard.

Thanks,
Kate_Te

off_the_wall responded:
Maybe you could try calling back? Maybe as it gets a little later people won't be do busy- like 4 year old goes to sleep and then her mama has time to talk... If not, what else can you do to relax and distract yourself? Take a warm bath, watch something on TV, read a book, talk here about other people's issues.... ? I hope tomorrow goes well for you!

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Thanks OTW

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
How did it go, Kate?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
It went well. Now I have to have a bunch of blood tests while she consults with some experts in the field to see what I can take and what I can't.

Thanks for asking Caprice.

besmith75 replied to Kate_Te's response:
Crossing my fingers for you...

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Glad the appointment went well Kate. I hope that has helped calm your anxieties.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
It helped. Thanks, OTW.

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
good news kate. i'm sorry i haven't been here for you. and now i have a nice pain in the tooth even tho i took pain meds at 2:30 a.m. o no tooth i should say>

You seem to have a good repore with your doc. good right?

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
Thanks for asking Fran, & Thank you Caprice, B & OTW

Yeah, the Doctor seems very willing to work with me. She is very nice. She just needs to speak with some cardiologists and some endocrinologists who have worked with people with heart issues.

Looks like no issue for the anti-androgens (the meds that stop testosterone), but she's not sure about the estrogen.

I hope things go well with your husband!

Kate_Te

candykissesaresweet replied to Kate_Te's response:
wish you well kate

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
I'm very glad the doctor is so willing to work with you on all of this, Kate. Really good to hear.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Senior in a university looking to meet people who understand and won't judge me for the chaos that goes on on my head.

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.