Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
ROLL CALL AND LURKERS COME OUT COMEOUT WHEREEVER YOU ARE
jankearney123 posted:
say hi and how you are ok?

I miss ya'll.

hi.

i had an ok day but very stressful nite. still struggling but at least it wasn't 103 degrees today it was 73. Only in denver! I hope you're all doin ok. now they're talking about putting me on seroquel and i'm not doing it! i'll gain 50-75 lbs or more. i'm huge already. i couldn't possible manage having that much more weight on my knees.
i dunno they won't pay for a lapband surgery. maybe i'll have to have my jaw wired shut! sounds painful.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lexismom11 responded:
Hello.

I am not doing so hot tonight. Had a rough day at work yesterday and to make a long story short, I am not working right now. Feeling very much like a burden to everyone around me. Today has been ok but feeling some stress from not working and wondering what is going to happen. Also seeing a new therapist and eventually a new psychiatrist has me worried and stressed as well.

I wouldn't want to take a medication that made me gain more weight either. I have enough weight already to worry about so I understand your concern. Is it a definite thing that you will gain weight if you take the Seroquel? I know that weight gain is a side effect of a lot of medications because mine have those warnings as well.

jankearney123 replied to lexismom11's response:
i'm sorry you have hard worries. maybe just make a time to worry about something for 15 mins. and then only use that for worry time and refuse to worry about it the rest of hte day. easier said than done i know. i'm a worrier and i know its such a waste of time.
no i've4 been on seroquel before and gained a bunch of weight. why do they like to torture me?

Kate_Te replied to jankearney123's response:
hi I'm here,
I'm struggling trying to quit smoking. Lasted Fri, Sat, Sun and half of Monday. Then lasted til 6 today. Very hard, very anxiety producing. Will try again tomorrow.
Kate_Te

off_the_wall replied to jankearney123's response:
I'm still here

candykissesaresweet replied to off_the_wall's response:
am glad fra dis this. i am so sorry that everyone has having a hard time . my heart goes out to you all. i always said that this board was a special group of women. i love you guys and i miss you bbeing here

slik_kitty responded:
i'm here. i definitely enjoyed yesterday it was so nice and cloudy and cool. now we're heading back up. it's gonna be a hot and miserable summer.

jankearney123 replied to slik_kitty's response:
yeah and if you saw all the places unmentionables that i have heat rash with fungi you'd just die!

ffltat responded:
Hello All,
I guess I would be one of the Lurkers. I am here but do not talk that often. I have been in a weird place lately. My thoughts are a lot about death but not really suicidal.

Went to see my pdoc two days ago he put me on a new medication to help with the flash backs. I do not want to take it. I hate the flash backs but a least they get me to talk about the rape. Other wise I will just ignore it.
Fight For Life Today And Tomorrow

lostkate responded:
Im here. Just been very quiet, keeping to myself both here and with life.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lostkate's response:
Also here.

Stressed about money. What else?

Sprained my ankle pretty badly... just switched to the orthopedic boot instead of crutches. It will take another few weeks to heal. Sigh.

washedaway responded:
I'm here...officially a college grad now

doing ok...
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
hi kate te
It is hard. It took me 3 trys and finally did it in may of 2000.
I really liked sucking on cinnamon sticks the real cinnamon just don't eat it (it will make you very sick and give you diareaha) and the other thing i discovered that i liked was licorice root. You can buy it at the health food store. Its twigs of what tastes like black licorice if you like black licorice.
The cinnamon has holes in it so you inhale like you would a cig and the licorice is good to suck on and hold like a cig too and chew on a bit to get a flavor you can cut the licorice root however long and it will mimic a cig too. those were my secret weapon to stopping smoking and i used that for a long time and it worked great. Good luck

jankearney123 replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm glad you're still here. How are you feeling being pregnant? How is P reacting to your belly baby?

I do hope you're hanging in there. did you officially quit dbt then?

jankearney123 replied to candykissesaresweet's response:
SAME to you Candy!

Spotlight: Member Stories

it's not very long. i have gone back and forth over the years with this, more so recently. i *like* to think that it started back in basic when ...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.