Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
poss trigger
washedaway posted:
Thanks for the party everyone, it was nice It has been both super nice and sunny and then rainy with thunder and lightning today here.

niceties out of the way...

I really want to hurt myself right now...it has been a GREAT month...i got a promotion and a raise at work and i graduated from college. but now i feel like i have nothing to work toward and nothing to look forward to and i hate myself. it's been about 5 months since i last cut...and i just want to do it now...there is absolutely no reason for me to feel like this right now
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

lexismom11 responded:
I don't think you have nothing to work towards or look foward to. I think you are now at a different point in your life. You have accomplished a lot with finishing college and getting a promotion. Try to enjoy that a little bit because it takes a lot of hard work to finish college. Don't beat yourself up about feeling down and wanting to hurt yourself. I wonder if there is maybe more time to think about things and that is what is getting to you. Just take it one moment at a time and try to be good to yourself.

washedaway replied to lexismom11's response:
Thanks...I appreciate the response. I am trying to be kind to myself...

I have put so much off over the last 2 years...I have no friends that I do anything with outside of work...I have spent so much time and energy at work and school I have nothing left in the rest of my life so evenings and weekends just emphasize how empty my life is.
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

Kate_Te replied to washedaway's response:
Washed Away, I thought it was you who told me that good news sometimes made us want to hurt ourselves because we didn't know how to handle it. (maybe it was LLT, I don't remember who).

Whoever it was, they were right. When I have good things happen to me, I expect something bad to follow and end up wanting to hurt myself. You've worked so hard over the last 2 years you just need to relax this weekend and start worrying about friends/activities, next weekend!

Take a little time to appreciate all you have accomplished!!

Kate_Te

slik_kitty responded:
you've finished one goal with school, now you can set another goal that will keep you striving for the future.

jankearney123 replied to slik_kitty's response:
K,
Yes sometimes after such an accomplishment it can be a big letdown afterwards especially suffering from derpression or any mental illness...........one day at a time and be good to you ok!

huggers I really liked what kate te had to say................
you're one of our brightest stars

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been a self mutilator for the last seven years of my life, and I need to get myself together before I go off to college for the first time in...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.