Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
A DIFFERENT KIND OF DAY........
nopoin posted:
CAUTION MAY TRIGGER..........................................................................,
I felt like I came back into the land of the living today, took my second shower in two and a half weeks, ( I didn't mean to not bath every day I was just so far gone it didn't matter) So now I have house work and clothes to catch up on. Today I started back on my house work, kinda enjoyed it. That was untill the kids acted up then I got to the point I was turning the all their mess in on me. It made me feel like I been feeling. Like I don't know who to turn to, or how to handle how I was feeling then you throw S-I ing into the mix and things get all mixed up again. My T told me i need to let my emotions out. still learning that one easier said than done. I've been handling them my way for to long, WHAT CHANGES SOME S-I ER'S for the better? Sometimes I can't really express why I'm feeling at my lowest point. any new advice would be helpful.

Kate_Te responded:
hi nopoin-
has your therapist spoken to you about either cognitive behavioral therapy or dialectical behavioral therapy? The only way to get better is to find safer, more positive coping techniques that work for you.

jankearney123 replied to Kate_Te's response:
I JUST WANTED TO SAY THAT I CARE NOPOIN. I'm listening but i cannot keep an eye open any longer.
kids sometimes will disembark us from any damn thing we do. don't be disheartened it happens to everyone.
do take care of you

rugger1369 responded:
I keep a journal. I have a terrible time at expressing how I feel. This really upsets my partner. he gets really frustrated with me, cuz when he or I get upset, i just shut down and get quuiet. I have a scratching tik which he has been able to identify and stop (which is a good thing!) I found that when I wrtie in my journal as if I am talking to someone, I can then better communicate how I feel vocally with them. Has that worked for you?

Also, what has helped me is the begining to accept and appreciate my own self worth. Sure, somedays that is all but impossible to see, but others I feel really good about myself. Don;t forget to write down the wonderful moments we have and feel! That way you can look back through them.

Finding this group has also been a relief. Reaching out myself and helping others has been very therapuetic. I hope you are able to find relief yourself, we are always here to listen. Sending you loving vibes- Hugs

Spotlight: Member Stories

my storys still in process and hopfully by the end it'll be a happy one to tell

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.