Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Trigger?
washedaway posted:
Leaving room here...not that I have a whole lot to say anyway, but in case i say something triggery, I will leave some room

I started trying to journal again last week. I have written probably 20 hours since Wednesday night...and it just doesn't seem to be helping. I shared some of it with my friend B last Thursday...and he reacted really well to it, but now I have gotten way more introspective rather than just trying to get out what I needed to say and it's too much to share.

I want to cut, I want to do anything that will hurt me, I want to put myself into a position to be raped and beaten...I just want ... I don't know...I don't have any words left

Everything in my life is totally fine...good even...I am so stupid

K
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today.
It's already tomorrow in Australia. - Charles Schultz

slik_kitty responded:
sometimes when things are going good we get scared and our minds invent things to bring back the chaos and bad that we are accustomed to.

when you journal, are you thinking about what you are writing? have you tried free writing? just put pen to paper and let the words flow without thinking or editing. sometimes that can be more helpful than controlled writing.

rugger1369 responded:
I agree with slik about how our mind can bring us back to the chaos since we are used to being there. That's why we need to stay strong and teach our minds to think differently. do you have a happly place so to speak that you can get your mind to wonder to?

I keep a journal, and one thing that I learned - especially from this group- is that you have to remember to write down the good along with the bad. That way when you look back, you are reminded of the wonderful things/events/people/thoughts around you.

And if writing is losing its luster, have you tried drawing/painting? Charcoal is my fave to work with since you can get our hands more involved. You don't have to be Degas, since like a journal, your sketch book is for you!

sending inspirational vibes! (hug)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 31 year old woman who started SI when I was 17. I was in and out of in-patient treatment from the time I was 17 until I was 23. I managed to...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.