Skip to content


It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
So good (trigger, I think)
deidhoff posted:
[TRIGGER] I was so good for so long. Every time I wanted to cut I thought about my 3 year old niece and my boyfriend's 4 and 2 year olds. Not today though, I just couldn't take it anymore. I am babysitting for free for my BF, and his water gets shut off, so I can't flush the toilet or drink water. His son is being a little brat and won't listen to anything I say because he knows I can't do anything to him (Not even time out. "Don't try to parent them" he said to me.) I tried to call him and work and text him and he ignored me. I guess I'm not important enough to talk to. Even after I talked to him he acted like I was annoying him and no water wasn't a big deal. Went to the tool closet where I know he has an exacto knife. I'll stop there. I am at my wits end and I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want to die, I want to feel better about things.
Kate_Te responded:
[TRIGGER] diedhoff -
I am sorry you are struggling. Can you put the kids down for a nap? Take 15 minutes for yourself. You need to take a break from the pressure. Just remember to keep breathing, deep slow breaths.
When the kids get up, can you color with them? I find coloring soothing - it's also a great distraction. I would suggest you take the kids to the park or something. Just get some distractions in your day. Sitting in a house with no water is just going to keep your mind going. You need to distract yourself from you situation.
If it all gets too much for you again, please call the crisis line (on upper left hand side of this page) before doing anything.

Spotlight: Member Stories

hi :c im arielle & im 15 and i cut myself ;3. i dont know what else to say but im here for anyone who needs to talk ;c.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.