Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
OT- not such a good day
off_the_wall posted:
Around 8 this morning I started getting really bad menstrual-like pains (no bleeding) with occasional shooting pains. Stuck it out for 3 hours before attempting to call my husband (who didn't answer) and then my OB/GYN. OB doc said I needed to go to the hospital. Well I wasn't about to because I had my daughter with me and couldn't get ahold of my husband. Cried and cried, was scared and frustrated. After about an hour I finally got in contact with my husband ( he had been in an importing meeting and didn't think my calls/texts were as important I guess) who came home from work. He insisted I go to the hospital which is where I still am right now, hooked up to monitors. Thankfully things look good with my baby so I'm relieved but they still aren't sure what's causing my pain. Hoping to be able to leave here soon! I hate hospitals.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
)))healing vibes your way((((

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I'm home now after leaving the hospital against medical advice. I started freaking out after I asked if I could leave and a nurse rudely told me no that I was confined to the hospital and then another nurse infiltrated my vein while trying to insert the IV. I started crying and telling them I wasn't staying. That I just wanted to be sure the baby was okay and since it sounds like the baby is okay I was leaving. Apparently I'm having contractions but I am not dilated and the baby otherwise seems fine. I am worried about the contractions but if it's from dehydration then I will be sure to drink plenty of water.

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
OFT,

I am glad that you and the baby are fine. I know you hate hospitals but for you and the baby's sake, if you need to... they are there for you. You can return. It is okay to "freak out" but it is not okay for anyone to be rude to you. Ask for the nurse manager.... And tell her why you "freaked out" and about how rude the nurse was. Sometimes, they just do not realize what they say or do may come across as insensative...

Drink cold water and lay on your left side... if the contractions continue I would encourage you to return to the hospital. Be safe for you and your baby...

Hugs,
In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

freesprit21 replied to MandyCake's response:
Bonnie is right you should call the hospital back and report. they are to help not you not upset you .I want to bring you the softest pillows and blankets for you to rest. the sofest teddy bears. hugs for you toys for p

Kate_Te replied to freesprit21's response:
(((((OTW & Baby)))))

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Thanks so much for the kind words, support, and hugs. I'm pretty worried about things. I know I probably should have stayed but once I get upset my natural instinct has always been to run from the situation. Just like I kept running out of therapy, just like I run from relationships.... I just pray my contractions don't lead to preterm labor. I did agree to rest this weekend and see my doctor early next week.

jankearney123 replied to off_the_wall's response:
honey

i'm very concerned. please if you have contractions and feel those menstraul pains you need to go to the hospital ok. you're not a doctor are you? so you can't really dx the situation.

I want you and your baby to be ok. i promise i'm going to pray for ya'll right now. Lord please let B and the baby be safe and free from harm and be healthy. Let B beleive that the doctors are having her interest and her unborn childs interest at heart. May God bless you and keep you!

Amen........................................That's the beginning to something great you and your husband created. a new life. What a miracle! be safe and dont' run stay the course.

Please dear lord Keep B and her baby safe. My gut instinct says you're going to be ok. I don't know why.

As paja would say peace be the journey................

Take care of yourself ok! loveya ((((((((((((((b & baby))))))))))

freesprit21 replied to jankearney123's response:
It is now moring . i hope you both are feeling better. you could take and put head phones on your belly. things that are peaceful

off_the_wall replied to jankearney123's response:
I'm okay, thank you all for caring. I'm sorry I haven't been there for any of you recently. I don't deserve for yall to care or respond to me.

Haven't had any painful contractions or cramping this morning so that's good. But they are expecting me just to lay around and rest and I can tell you laying around is the most depressing thing to me. I'm really hyperactive to begin with so I just have to stay busy to keep halfway sane. Not sure how I'm going to handle this. Not to mention having an almost 2 year old doesn't allow for much rest anyway.

freesprit21 replied to off_the_wall's response:
we all understand. the bigger concern is for you and your baby. now would be a good time to start that project i told you about. do have a gate that maybe put in front of her bedroom door so she can play and you can rest

lovely_lemon_tree replied to freesprit21's response:
Maybe it's time to call in some help... like ... (I hate to suggest it, knowing how you feel about her) MIL? So you can rest and she can deal with P? You can't keep running around after her when you need to stay off your feet. You've still got 3 months to go, B. This is not something to mess around with.

You know that as well as I do. I'm scared for you. I agree with Fran, I have a feeling that everything will be okay, but you have to work to get that way.

Please stop running away... and when people are horrible and want to step all over you, practice assertiveness and tell them they're offending you. You should report those nurses... You can't continue to let people step all over you. It just makes you feel so much worse.

))))more healing vibes((((

jankearney123 replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
(((((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

Will your husband be home with you this weekend? Try to formulate a plan until you see the doc so that you can get bedrest. Can you have him take P and go get some cool coloring books, download a couple of new songs onto itunes for an ipod or m3 player if you have one (or just listen to your fav radio station, have him go to bed bath and beyond with their 25% off coupons and buy you something like a special candle scent that you can burn. get a couple of used books at a garage sale that hubby picks for you. That can be how he can help you this weekend and then of course wait on you hand and foot. Please do what the docs suggested. As Lovely said this isn't something to mess with ok?!

I'm praying for you sweetpea! You're gonna be ok. BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW DOCTORS ORDERS. ITS VERY IMPORTANT FOR YOU AND YOUR UNBORN CHILD. I'VE GIVEN YOU SOME suggestions to help tide you over the next few days. also you could do pinterest. Its pretty fun scrapbooking without cutting and pasting! its on the net. dO YOU have a laptop? If not i bet you could sit comfortably on the computer and do a little pinterest. or even just find games on your phone. research something your interested in and also find things to do when you're layed up and in bedrest.

Hang in there. I know its not easy specially when you're such a high energy person like you are. but in the scheme of lifes many days and hours and years its very minimal to what the whole scope is so try to keep that in mind. It won't last forever.

off_the_wall replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT, when I was only 2 weeks out from having a c-section and up all night caring for a newborn, she sat on my couch and watched me cook for her and clean. She never offered to help. In fact when she would notice my husband helping me she would make comments about how the day she came home from the hospital after having her kids her husband said, "What's for dinner?" and she knew it was still her responsibility to cook for him. I was so relieved the day she finally went home.

She loves my daughter but when she is over she doesn't help care for her or entertain her or anything. She sits on the couch and complains or watches her novellas and Dancing with Stars type shows on TV. If she were to come here right now it would only add to my stress and the work I have to do.

I'm not going to report the nurses. One nurse used a rude tone and told me something I didnt want to hear (that I couldnt leave) and the other was nice, just apparently not very good at getting an IV going (first nurse in my life who has ever had an issue because I'm usually really easy to stick.) Not exactly horrible offensive, just enough to be the last straw in causing me to become unnerved. It's me who has the issues, not them.

Feeling a bit crampy again but so far nothing like yesterday.

Thanks for the concern and I don't mean to knock your suggestions LLT, it's just that my MIL is not a good person to ask for help because she is the opposite of helpful.

off_the_wall replied to jankearney123's response:
Thanks for all the suggestions, Fran. Unfortunately there are things my husband needs to get done so he can't just take care of P. Like right now he's having to repair and replace an entire length of fence in our backyard because our dog keeps getting out of the yard and then I have to chase him around the neighborhood (with P in tow) trying to catch him. Sooo, it's kind of important he get that done. P is playing with her toys right now but she's reaching those "terrible 2s" plus she's got her molar teeth coming in, so she's kind of fussy and needy lately. But, no worries, I'm taking it as easy as I can.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Roses whisper "good night" 'Neath silv'ry light, Asleep in the dew They hide from our view; When the dawn peepeth thro' God...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.