Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Distraction Action - Pizza!
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
Today is Cheese Pizza Day so I'm wondering do YOU like pizza? If so, what's your favorite kind? If gluten is a problem, are you finding gluten-free pizza choices for yourself out there?

Hmmm.... now I'm hungry for pizza....
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Kate_Te responded:
I love sausage & green peppers! I also can't stand pizza not made in New York, somehow the rest of the country hasn't figured out how to make it.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
I love thin crust pepperoni and onion and we have quite a few good options here for that. I've never been to NY so can't compare... maybe one day.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

lostkate responded:
I love pizza, no one makes it like NY pizza. I like extra cheese, thin crust too, sometimes sausage.

Kate

penguie responded:
thin multigrain crust with a thick tomato sauce cheese blend. Fresh tomatos and onion, perhaps some chicken. I do like the pizzas we get here at Costco, well just the 4 cheese and the margherit (mmmm fresh mozza and basil)

sadly I dont get it often because it is hard to find places that use nitrate free meats and well chese especially the blends can be a migraine trigger too...sigh.....and I am jsut toooooo lazy to make my own, actually lost my yummy crust recipie and well nothing else seems as yummers and too lazy to try to find a new one

MandyCake responded:
NY Pizza. Just plain cheese... I will eat a veggie pizza. Any veggie. No meat for me, please.

MMM.... Thank you Caprice, now I want pizza too. lol.

Another word on NY. Love Michagans! Just saying...
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

slik_kitty responded:
anyone have any ideas for a gluten free pizza? my son and i love pizza but his gf is gluten intolerant. the last time we did french bread pizza i put the pizza fixings on corn tortillas for her, but that didn't work well. lol

I like some of the strange pizzas, like spinach or garlic chicken on thin crusts.

lovely_lemon_tree replied to slik_kitty's response:
Chicago's Pizzeria Uno!! They have the most AMAZING five-cheese pizza. They bring it to your table fresh out of the oven and they have a little gas burner underneath the pizza to keep it warm and the cheese melted! It's fabuloso!

Other favorite toppings: mushrooms, chicken, anchovies, pineapple, green olives (though not necessarily together). I am allergic to tomatoes, so a nice olive-oil-instead-of-sauce anchovy pizza is a treat.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

lovely_lemon_tree replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
As for gluten-free, why don't you try making your own dough with the gluten-free wheat flour they sell in the supermarkets? It may be kind of weird, but it works out okay.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
For gluten-free, there's make your own but more and more stores (at least here) carry gluten free choices for everything you need to make a pizza. Keep an eye out and maybe ask at the stores you shop at. Sometimes the gluten-free stuff is in different areas than you'd expect.

Okay, I think I have an idea what Chicago pizza is like but what makes a NY pizza a NY pizza?

(And yes, I did end up having pizza for dinner yesterday. I couldn't resist after reading everyone's delicious-sounding posts!)

MandyCake replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
For me, NY pizza, is in the handtossed crust pinched thin, the sauce is mmmmmmm and the love that goes into making them.. Priceless.
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

slik_kitty replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I asked at the store, but they had no gluten free crusts for pizzas. i can find all the non wheat flours at the store so we could make our own crust. that's just an awful lot of hard work. lol. i'm currently researching gluten free and dairy free breads i can do in my bread machine. at least that way it's not alot of hard work. lol

bubbles_bobble replied to slik_kitty's response:
don't try the bread machiune ones they don't work. Remember i was allergic to wheat for 13 years ! Go to either wholefoods or natural grocers and they have glueten free crusts. They're pretty good too! expensive but good! I tried many recipes in the bread machine that i borrowed from my friend and they all turned out doo doo. I made my own bread and if you need a recipe i'll send it to you. its very good. rice flour based but also tapioca flour and i forget but yummy. If ya'll want it i'll type it out here and you can all copy and have it for your recipes!

I love gejo's! and chicagos deep dish in downtown chicago. I forget the name of hte pizza parlor in chicago but absolutely without a doubt the best i've ever eaten other than gejo's that just reopened.
so i'll have red onion, mushroom, black olive, sausage and pepperoni with extra cheese! i had pizza yesterday and am going to have it again to night from garlic knot. ym ym they make really good pizza too not quiet as good as gejos but very tasty.
One day at a time

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyCake's response:
Thanks Bonnie,

I think I'd like NY pizza! Love me some thin crust.

slik_kitty replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I would like that recipe. i guess i will have to go out and buy bread pans now. lol

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well um where do I start. I am a 14 year old girl. I have Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Gluten Intolerance, Severe Anxiety and Depression, and an awful famil...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.