Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Just need to talk- rough time
off_the_wall posted:
My dog has cancer but she had been doing really well ( didn't even seem sick.) We took a 3 day vacation (plus 2 days that we used to travel so we were away the majority of those days.) And while we were gone out dog got really sick. Got home tonight and she can't seem to get up and is having diarrhea on herself. I just want her to pass away peacefully at home and am trying to just keep her comfortable. Husband is considering having her put down. I just feel so sad and so awful. Like we did this to her by selfishly leaving her. I really don't know what to do but my head is absolutely swimming, probably in part because I've had very little sleep for days. I'm also still having these bad pregnancy related pains that the doctor isn't sure what the cause is but at one point on vacation I literally could not walk. But I'm not going back to the hospital because they can't do anything for me. It's just so much at once. Thanks for listening.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Kate_Te responded:
OTW-

I know how you feel about your dog. I let my cat die peacefully at home and buried her in the yard. She didn't seem to be suffering, so it turned out for the best. I feel so bad for you. Don't blame yourself, it's just her time. I am sending you good vibes, and praying for you & your baby.

(((((OTW)))))

Kate_Te

MandyCake responded:
OTW,

I just want to reach out and hug you. This is alot to cope with. Our "pets" are our children too. I still mourn all of my furbabies. Mandy, my cat, will be my last. My heart is too heavy to lose anymore...

I pray that your dog passes comfortable and quickly. I pray that the guilt you carry gets lifted away.I pray that your sorrow gets replaced with light and love. I pray your doctor discovers what is causing these pregnacy symptoms you are having and can alleviate them. I pray that you get some good quality rest.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

candykissesaresweet replied to MandyCake's response:
otw i feel so bad for you the only thing i can say is that i am sending you the biggest hugs

off_the_wall replied to candykissesaresweet's response:
Thank you all very much for your thoughts and prayers. My sweet Dixie passed away peacefully in her sleep this morning around 5:30 a.m. with my husband and I by her side. It is what I prayed for for her but I am still heartbroken. I'm preparing to drive her 6 hours to my family's land where we have a pet cemetery. She will be buried by my childhood dog Honey under a large oak tree.

slik_kitty responded:
it's not your fault. she was sick before you left. the same thing probably would have happened had you been home with her. hugs

lovely_lemon_tree replied to slik_kitty's response:
((Gentlest of hugs))

I am so sorry, B. Our pets mean the world to us and losing one is like losing a child. At least she is not suffering anymore.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Kate_Te replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
I am sorry OTW, I am with LLT, she isn't suffering
hugs
Kate_Te

candykissesaresweet replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
am sorry for your loss.i do know the heart break too.but everybody is right when our loved ones passed they have no more pain

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm so sorry for your loss, OTW. (((hugs))) You gave Dixie a lovely gift by being there for her at home as she passed.

I hope the pregnancy pains ease up for you.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

off_the_wall replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you all for caring. This has been such a tough day and my heart really hurts right now.

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
hi otw
i'm sorry to hear of dixie's passing but you know aniamals seem to have a sixth sense of how to do it and when. perhaps she knew she didn't want you to see her in her poor shape and be with her and she needed her time to just be without you and your family. sometimes that happens with family too.
but the important thing is that you and hubby were wtih her when she did pass. we can't blame ourselves for things that go awry. it just is what it is and you have enough on your plate with the baby coming and P too.
I'm so sorry it always reminds me of My beloved Max and friskey and whiskey.
I bet your heart aches and i guess its Gods way of rewarding us eventually with newer and bigger things to com ein our lives such as your daughter that will be born soon.

Take care of you
bubbles
sending you prayers otw
guess who? but dont' say ok
One day at a time

off_the_wall replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
My sweet Dixie, I miss her so much already:

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
what a beautiful shot of dixie in the bluebells of texas!
thanks for sharing! what kind of mix was she do you know?
One day at a time

off_the_wall replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Thank you. We got her from the animal shelter when we were still in college so she may not have been a pure bred dog but from what we could tell she appeared mostly rat terrier. Rat terriers are awesome.

Spotlight: Member Stories

SH for 13 yrs. Here for support and hopefully support others.

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.