Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
what should we have with pizza?
bubbles_bobble posted:
personally i'm gonna have a margarita

but what could we make all together that wuld make a really good punch?

and we can have a send off to otw's dixie's spirit to go into dog heaven

I think we should start with plain fizzzy water what do they call that stuff?
One day at a time

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I was just at a party where there was a punch made of mango & melon juice with sprite. With ice, it made a really refreshing punch.

And yes, we can all raise a glass to Dixie.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

MandyCake responded:
Fizzy Water... do you mean Seltzer? Well, since it is pizza and it is high in sodium, I will have plain ole ice water with lemon. (High BP)...

I love the idea of toasting Dixie. A song I played for one of my furbabies was "Land of Elfaine." Gary Stadler. Lovely. I also like "Shores of Avelon" Tina Malia. And if someone has a copy of "Rainbow Bridge" and would do the reading of this, I bet Dixie would love it. Even Dogs get Angel Wings.
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

lovely_lemon_tree replied to MandyCake's response:
I'll do the water with no ice but with lime. (no high BP, but was simply raised on it)

Dixie, when you see my Claire, she will welcome you to a lovely place.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

off_the_wall responded:
Thank you bubbles! A party for my sweet Dixie should include lots of good food because my Dixie loved to eat! She was constantly getting into any food that happened to get left out. On separate occasions she ate:

- an entire loaf of bread and half a jar of peanut butter (she had to first chew off the lid)
- an entire Easter chocolate bunny
- she once jumped on top of a huge bag of dog food and just started eating her way down until we found her with her stomach hugely bloated
- a cherry pie
- half a birthday cake

She wasn't a big dog (will post a pic on my other thread) but she had a huge appetite. Even with cancer she generally ate well and always stayed close to P whenever food was involved.

So I'm not sure what I'll drink in honor of Dixie, but I'll fix a big cake in her honor that we can all enjoy. I hope she's eating all the yummy food that she wants right now in heaven!

penguie replied to off_the_wall's response:
Dixie will be up also playing with Latte and Cappy, probably all of them getting into mischief just because they can

hugs

Kate_Te replied to penguie's response:
I will happily drink to Dixie! Give me a Sprite Zero & a piece of that cake! I know there is a heaven for pets, because they give us unconditional love - rarely found anywhere else.

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
I'm sure cappe and latte and claire and dixie will find each other after all they all have incredible owners! and love to live life. they were cared for indeligently and wonderfully and will live on in our memories forever. that's the great thing about memories.

tonight i donated to the cancer telethon ...............and i donated in the name of dixie the dog.

otw she's not forgottten! she'll live on forever in your heart and though its really hard right now....I salute her! and you for having the forwithall with all your struggles to support her in her this struggle of cancer. this is the only time i'm goin gto mention that i'm jan kearney123 and hope its not picked up. got it!

love you all so much.

you take care now!
One day at a time

off_the_wall replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
F, your donation in Dixie's memory means the world to me. I am in tears. Thank you for being such a wonderful friend to me.

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
you're welcome! I hope they are happy tears.
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.