Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Hello
TheSullenGirl posted:
Hello and a big supportive (((HUG))) for everyone on the board!

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Hey you!! (((((((((((((((((((((SG)))))))))))))))))))))))

How is everything in your life going?
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

TheSullenGirl replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Not bad. Just finished a phone interview and have another interview tomorrow (same place). I'm trying to get off of nights - but if I don't get the job offer: I'm okay with it. It just means it is not meant to be. Luckily my best friend works for the new place and talked me up a good bit. But at the end of the phone interview I got the "You and the manager seem to have a very similar philosophy and I want her to meet you." So that is reassuring, but currently the position I want is on hold. We shall see where life brings me.

Wedding plans are going okay. Just got over the list drama. That was not fun. Still have a lot to do.

How about you?

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
Lots of changes in your life! you handling the upheaval/stress ok?

Me I am recovering from MVA, my thyroid going hyper again and the effects of a B-12 injection. So I am kinda in flux right now physically, which of course sets off the mental aspect of my selves.

My youngest started kindergarten on Monday and I am still floundering in this alone time void of my family. I have my blog to keep me busy and focused.

}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}hire SG vibes being sent out {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{

Have you started looking at dresses yet?

Peace be the journey

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

off_the_wall replied to TheSullenGirl's response:
Good to see you, SG! Hope you get the job you're interviewing for but also love your attitude if it doesn't work out. When is your wedding? Would love to hear about the details that you have planned so far.

off_the_wall replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Paja- Kindergarten, oh my!!! I will probably cry my eyes out when my baby starts kindergarten. They grow up wayyyy too fast! How does she like it? Did you take a first day of school pic of her?

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
Hi, stranger! I'm glad to hear everything is going well!

Big hugs.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

bubbles_bobble replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
big wave ((sg)) sounds like you're plugging a long.

i thought thats what you meant on fb paja but i wasn't sure and didn't want to add to your emoiton. I remember how hard that is!

yeah the list sg really! sounds like you really have a good thing going on in your life. ain't love wonderful! I was married 33 years aug and my kids are approaching 30. been thru 2 marriages one for each of them and then my dil i prego. due in jan. we're excited but won't be able to see alot of them because they're in cali.

i'm very glad you wrote to update us and that you are coping so well! Congrats. Just testimony that it can be done!
One day at a time

TheSullenGirl replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Paja: Hopefully you are doing okay in the recovery - it is a long road sometimes. Hyperthyroidism is a tough disease and the MVA probably didn't make it better.

Aww kindergarten already!? You will have to give us some updates on some of the excitement your little one brings home.
As much as I love kids...there is nothing like that nice sound of quiet afterwards. I hope that maybe you can get back to focusing on yourself a little bit more now that all the kids are in school.

Thanks for the good vibes!

I have my dress and since my mom got freaked out by a dream that something happened - she wants to be go for my 1st fitting in October! I even have my shoes and jewelry. Just got to get my veil and head piece next!

TheSullenGirl replied to off_the_wall's response:
June 8th is the big day.

So far - we have a ton of food for the guest - I don't want to hear that anyone got completely blitzed or left hungry!

The girls will be wearing purple chiffon dresses (gotta go dress shopping with them still) and I'm just asking for silver heels/flats.

My necklace is an estate piece (i believe it is from the 20s)

My shoes are purple - my mom was horrified but everyone, including myself, think it is cool. I joke that I'm gonna flash my shoes at my mom every chance I get.

We got an up-and-coming photographer - he has already been hired by our city's baseball team to photograph an event for them - and he now can just focus on his photography instead of working as a waiter as well (which he was when I hired him)

Our DJ is giving us free uplighting since I am friendly with one of his friends!

We got our limo company.

I got an idea about the flowers - and a good friend of the whole family is doing them. We will meet with her again in March.

Picked out invites and save the dates. Just gotta order the invites after the save the dates go out.

I still got a lot to do. (A lot of church stuff!) A lot of people say I have a ton done already. I can't wait to book the honeymoon!

How are things going for you OTW?

TheSullenGirl replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
Thanks LLT!

TheSullenGirl replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
How exciting!! I hope you can get out to Cali when the baby is born or at least get to Skype or something! Do they know what they are having or is it a surprise?

Thank you! It can be done - with a ton of hard work and determination. Believe me the first few months just stunk - the panic attacks were the worst. But you can get past it. Once in a while I get the stray thought - but I tell myself "Why ruin this? Why start all over again?"
I know it is SOOO different but it sometimes reminds me when I stopped drinking caffeine/soda in HS. I still haven't gone back. The first year I was always tempted and now I don't think twice - it doesn't smell so alluring or is something I crave. Finding a healthier substitution and then moving on to something healthier. (For me it was flavored water which had the sugar then I moved to Seltzer. I always drank plain water though)

With SI - sometimes it's learning what substitution works better for you. For me I got a rush from being able to hold off. I made it a game. My competitive side came out and it was like trying to beat the high score.

I hope you have been okay and that you have been able to fight those urges. I know they suck and can be difficult to ignore!

Your wedding plans sound beautiful. Especially the purple bridesmaid dresses and your purple shoes! Funny about planning to flash them at your mom. I wore tall flip flops under my wedding dress. Much more comfortable than heals and people don't generally see your feet to begin with. I probably would have fallen on my face if it had tried to wear heals tall enough to make my husband and I look more proportional ( he is 6'2" and I am 5'1".)

I'm doing okay right this second... My sweet dog passed away last week. I'm 28 weeks pregnant and have been having some pain but overall I think the baby girl, who still doesn't have a name, is doing well. My daughter will turn 2 next month, which is hard to believe!

TheSullenGirl replied to off_the_wall's response:
I did buy a pair of flip flops to change into later in the night.

Oh wow - you and your hubby have a big ht difference lol.

I'm sorry about the dog - I know that it is tough!
I can't believe P is gonna be 2 already! Where does time go?
When is your due date?

Yep, big height difference and so far P is taking after her daddy as she is taller than 97% of girls her age (actually we have yet to meet a girl OR boy her age that is as tall as she is!) I have no idea where the time goes! Feels like she was just born and now she's almost 2!

I'm due Dec 7th although the baby is measuring to be due Dec 3rd. P came early and I'll be having a c-section so there's a chance this baby will arrive at the end of November but we will see.

Have you decided where you will take your honeymoon?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I suffer from Major Depressive Disorder, PTSD, General Anxiety Disorder, Panic Attacks, and Agoraphobia. I have a friend who suffers from Depression,...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.