Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
i genuinely smiled today
penguie posted:
and damn it has been a looong loong time since I did that. Dont even think I really smiled and was happy when I got the job, hehe

Who would have thunk that a change of look could be useful?!?! Went and got my haircut today and it actually feels good. And they guys in the salon were great. In fact they even recognized me from nearly 10yrs ago!!!! Just really great cheerful hair stylists who love their job and have great people skills and I left feeling good. I cannot believe it. Even then trreated myself to a full fat!!!! salted caramel mocha at starbucks.

wow, now if only I culd get rid of the kink in my neck LOL

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's always amazing to me how a simple change in hair cut or color can lift our spirits to such an extent.

SO glad about the smile, Penguie! Yay for you!
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

off_the_wall responded:
I'm glad they treated you with such kindness that it made you feel good and that you treated yourself with kindness too. That is great! I hope you are continuing to do well. (((Penguie)))

socalmsg responded:
hi penguie, is that a bunny or a schizu doggie you have as your icon pic ?

i read your post just now and wanted to send smiles and hugs your way. it was heartwarming to hear that your day went so well recently. it was encouraging to hear that you were blessed by simple acts/situations. it must have made you feel special by the people at the salon recognizing you after such a long time.

i hope happy moments like those continue to follow you.

penguie replied to socalmsg's response:
thats a little bunny. That was Cappy, formally known as Cappuccino. She was a great loving bunny who loved snuggles and pettings and was willing to wear clothing. That pics has her wearing her fav Tshirt that has a snowman on it and says Sniw Happens hehe
Now I have Bambi, a 6lb high energy monster LOL She currently is out causing trouble in my kitchen, oops now hunting out my bedroom hehehe and there she flies in high speed runs

socalmsg replied to penguie's response:
cool. thanks for the clarification . i am also a major animal lover. bambi sounds very cute.

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.