Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
yesterday taught something about yestetday
friedeggs posted:
[TRIGGER] trigger?..?...?...?............?........?.....?.....?.......?........?....??..?.??.....?..?.............. ,!,,,,,,,,..,,,,,.................yesterday i was on one of the other boards and the question was can you forgive @forget? as i was answering that. i realzed that i am go to forgive and forgetting was a diffrerent story. ireally dont forget. i just prentend that it is not there, i have been doing for forty eight years almost. i spent my entire life being this, and carrying around a chrohic death wish because this all i ever known, what makes it worse is my t has had his work change, he used to be that he was there only two days a week but he was able to call me back . he now is there five days a week and has more cases, sohe cant do like use to. i dont want to lose hIm . he was some one that i have needed to have in my corner for a very long time. so i need to back off and it sucks because i am sucidal. i feel very alone

friedeggs responded:
that wasnt the right tiitle for this. trigger

off_the_wall responded:
I think if you are able to forgive someone but not forget then you are responding in a completely normal manner. It's not like just because you forgive someone that you can erase what they did to you from your memory. And if you did, that wouldn't necessarily be a healthy thing. There's a reason we don't forget and it can be there to help protect us.

I'm glad you have your T that you have been able to lean on when you need help. I'm sorry he's busier now and not as available to you but I hope that if you are feeling suicidal that you will continue to reach out to him for help. You aren't alone, even if you feel that way.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope you and your t settle in to a new routine which works for you. And if you are suicidal, please don't forget that there are crisis resources available to you too.

Forgiving, really forgiving, is not about saying that whatever was done to you was okay. It's about you finding a way to let go of it so you can move forward.

And if the poor treatment continues, that doesn't mean you have to accept that.

I agree with OTW about forgetting being a way to protect yourself. We all need to learn from our pasts.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

socalmsg responded:
fried eggs,

i read your post just now, twice, in fact. i want to encourage you and the only way i can do that is through this post. please accept the humble empathy i am sending your way right now, wherever you might be. i dont know if you are reading my response at home on your pc or on your smartphone at the store, or on your computer at work, but please know that there are people out there that, even though we have never met, my heart and thoughtful prayers are going out your way. i am no stranger to the very words you wrote yourself in th e last line of your post. i know what it is like to feel isolated and alone. i know what it is like to very seriously consider comitting suicide. please gather strength from trustworthy sources so that you can bring your spirit to a place of light instead of a place of black despair.

SoCalMSG

friedeggs replied to socalmsg's response:
thank you everyone. ilove you all

socalmsg replied to friedeggs's response:
you are certainly welcome. please keep us posted on how thins are going for you. hugs to you on this friday evening.

bubbles_bobble replied to socalmsg's response:
hi fried eggs,

i too have been in your spot many a time. forgiveness is for you not the other person (s). like caprice said its about letting it go. For years and i'm older i have let people use me up. this doormat is pretty holie. (holy) but not heavenly holy. wholly? who knows and who cares right? just thought it was an odd word. thought i'd make you laugh!

but anyways it can be a huge relief to let situations be forgiven, relationships be forgiven, people forgiven...............Never forgotten because life just isn't like that. If you forgot then perhaps it would happen again.

i've had to forgive a lot of people. but i've not forgotten..........with that said doesn't mean i keep it on my mind either. its back there but its been easier to just not let it control me all the time!

I hope you can find a ray of sunshine as we go into this weekend.
and i hope you are forgetting about suicide. those you leave behind die a thousand deaths. I know i'm a survivor of a sibling who took their life a few years back. Not mad at my sibling either.

I'm trying to get myself back on track as well. its hard isn't it?!
but we have a great community hear and i wanted to say welcome! stay if you can and if you find it helpful.
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just turned 17 and I've been self harming for about four years now. I'm not really close to my family, and I'm anti-social a lot of the ti...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.