Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
How I warded off a bad thing Trig
bubbles_bobble posted:
[TRIGGER] because of the nature of this post i thought i'd better write trigger in the subject line but i was amazed at how my day went and so i wanted to share it in the event that it might help someone else.

Mood swings.....................Trigger
*****************************************************************"*
i woke this morning and was very depressed. my husband had planned on going to a last summer thing in my area. we had agreed to 10 a.m. and i didn't want to go. i wanted to stay in pj's all day. i had a very strange chain of events today that saved my life and i feel like once again there was a divine intervention.
my husband had to leave and go to work ...........i had housework to do but wasn't getting anything done. only sitting in my recliner. now i have no idea really what the problem was i get like this from time to time and i recalled later after i was safe that my old t said that i could change my thinking but would always struggle with my mood disorder.
hmmmm.
so anyway i had my whole box of pills here and there are a lot of them. i was planning on taking a bunch and od'ing todya. i had tried to call my neighboor 2 houses down to come earlier in the morning to take off the tape that was all over my shoulders and back from p.t. and no answer so i left it at that and fifgured she'd was at church.
so i stewed more getting more and more into how and that i was never going to become thinand i was never going to be normal and i was never going to be healthy physicallly.
the house was quiet and i went to dbtselfhelp.com and found some inspirational things that i'd never seen before and they talked about how someitmes you just have a bad day but they're not always like that. so that gave me a glimmer. then i called my cousin who has cancer and he and i talked i di d not tell him what was goin g on with me. felt better and we set a lunch date. then my neighboor came down and took off my tape washed my shoulders and back off from adhesive and put lotion on it/ something that was humbling. she talked a mile a min and was going to a birthday celebration for her grandson herself and his aunt. i felt left out and i said i'll bring presents can i come and she laughed naturally. i came froma large family and i do feel disconnected especially since i don't do the aa thing anymore and everyone deserted me after a suicide attempt of all things!
anyway i just kept building and building to get to feeling better and finally i cleaned the house a bit not exactly perfect but cleaner and now its time to go to bed. we can start oiur days over. we have to make the effort which as i found and have found repeatedly is so extremely hard to get do overs.
this time i did not call a crisis line..............i surrendered to the powers at will and i guess once again my divine interveniton happened.
I hope for any of you that yo uhave a kit for what to do when you are suicidal and if you don't then take action as hard as it may be to at least write here or call a friend something ok? dbtselfhelp.com is a wonderful sight and is so chaulked full of good things. its like sometimes you're talking to a therapist. goodnight
One day at a time

slik_kitty responded:
i'm so glad you made it through the day and ended up having a good day after all.

bubbles_bobble replied to slik_kitty's response:
yeah me too! good morning!
One day at a time

friedeggs replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
good moring , i am really glad you are feeling better

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I hope you'll keep remembering this.

I'm glad you're here and sharing with us.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
BB -

I am glad you got through a tough day & are still with us!! Amazing, but each day can give us reasons to live and reasons not to. It's all how we look at it.
hugs

Kate_Te

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
dunno all i know is it is what it is...........................i know that life will go on wikth or without each o fus because it does. i know that i am insequential in the scheme of htings.
i know that fried eggs need to keep seeking helps as do all of you!
i know i am hyper froma huge monday. i know i do not want to go to therapy anymore. i know that if i want to i can try to survive as best as i can and if i don't then o who the hell cares. i don't! and i Do!

It's like because i had to cancel my t appt the 27th of this mohnt so now i get the 11th of oct. gee thanks! Going to take 4 days off but it wont' be a break for me! growl! i'll be dealing with the office!
o well. i worked my buns off today and its like i feel like why do i have office help? i had to deal with it all! and itmakes me mad!
i still have a call i need to check on! great grief! its a quarter to 8 and i still have to work ! been up since 1 a.m. mess with me
One day at a time

friedeggs replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
please understand i didnt do that to you on purpose. like you i had a long day too. i wasnt watching what i was, i am sorry. you are so much a part of us. you are amazing support when your here, we are here for you, everybody wants you to be safe. love you

socalmsg responded:
bubbles, I AM SO PROUD OF YOU FOR PULLING THROUGH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bubbles_bobble replied to socalmsg's response:
thanks fried eggs and so cal.
i'm not so feeling it tonight. doing it for husband i guess? but i don't know why because i'm so tired. i just am struggling tonight partly i guess because i drank and i'm in p;ain. i guess i best go to bed or the alternative.
One day at a time

bubbles_bobble responded:
i'm trying to remember this caprice
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
BB,

Thank you for sharing your day with us and how you managed to make it through. That in and of itself is inspirational.

I hope by morning you will feel better, rested and the pain will have passed.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
thanks b onnie
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I know my user name is a little young but that is because I am young. I have been cutting since I was 11 but upon thinking back I have realized I h...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.