Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
difficulties on the weekend
socalmsg posted:
hi everyone,

just wanted to put it out there that i am grateful for this website and for the community and it's members. i am appreciative of the opportunity to reach out to the virtual world whose member's are familiar with some of my struggles (self injuring).

i know that the website taking a major slow down 2/7 days of the week is not that much compared to the 5/7 days that it is up and running close to real time. unfortunately it seems that many of my challenges occur on the weekend.

i am still encouraged by the opportunity to post my thoughts and comments in an attempt to reach out to people that might be able to encourage me in return- even if it has to wait till monday. your commentary in response to my posts area great help to me. thank you.

still blazing hot here in SO CAL. out 43 day heat wave is suppose to subside soon, thank goodness.

Take the Poll

does anyone else find that listening to music you love, music that speaks to you, is uplifting when you are feeling low and disheartened ? just curious. this strategy really helps me.
  • yes
  • no
vote
View Poll Results

bubbles_bobble responded:
hi. i usually always have my ipod nearby but i can't find it and i'm pankicking because it has all my music on it and i'm going on a road trip come thurs. coming up this next week.

great survey!

I hope you are doing well! or ok anyway. I'm trying to call my son but i don't think he'll answer. nope he's not. hmpf. we'll see if he calls tomorrow.
One day at a time

off_the_wall responded:
Hi SoCal, still pretty hot here in SE Texas too. I find music to be generally more triggering to me than it is helpful but I seem to be in the minority on that as I have seen it mentioned here many times about how others find comfort in it. Everyone is different and so it's great you can resort to whatever helps you. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.