Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Not good but.........trig if drinker
bubbles_bobble posted:
[TRIGGER] TRIGGER JUST IN CASE IT BOTHERS ANYONE

I SAW MY PDOC FOR LAST TIME TODAY. IT WAS REALLY HARD BECAUSE SHE HAS BEEN SO GOOD TO ME. SHE'S KEPT ME FROM MYSELF IN THE WORST SORT OF WAY ON A FEW OCCASSIONS. AND GAVE ME THINGS TO THINK ABOUT WITH THE SH.

THINK IS I HAVN'T SH'D FOR 35 DAYS. DON'T CONGRATULATE ME BECAUSE IN STEAD I'VE BEEN DRINKING USUALLY TWO TIMES A WEEK AND A LOT OF IT TEQUILA. I CAN'T TELL ANY OF THE DOCS OR THEY WILL PULL MY PAIN MEDS.
I GOT SOME PRETTY BAD HIVES THIS WEEKEND AND I THINK IT WAS FROM THE ALCOHOL AND PAIN PILLS EVEN THO THE HIVES DIDN'T HAPPEN TILL SUNDAY MORNING AND I DRANK SAT EVENING.

I DON' TKNOW IF I CAN QUIT AND WHILE I MET WITH MY COUSIN TODAY WHO IS A RECOVERING AA'R AND UNDERSTANDS (I DIDN'T TELL HIM I WAS DRINKING) THE LONG HOURS AND CONSTANCY OF BEING SELF EMPLOYEED EATING, DRINKING, BREATHING, BEING IT 24 7 IF YOU'VE NEVER DONE IT FOR LONGER THAN A YEAR YOU COULDN'T UNDERSTAND THAT PART OF MY PLIHGT.

I CAN'T GO TO DOCS. I FEEL LIKE A FRAUD. I WANT TO QUIT THERQAPY ALL TOGHETER. I'M LOOSING PDOC AND T ANYWAY. SO??????????????? I'M SICK OF DRIVING FAR AWAY TO DOCS OFFICE ITS SO EXPENSIVE. WHEN I CAN GO TO AN OFFICE THAT WILL BE 20 MINS. FROM ME! AN DEASIER TO GET TO AND EVERYTHING.

WELL IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS LET ME KNOW. AA ISN'T REALLY MY FRIEND RIGHT NOW.
One day at a time
FirstPrevious12NextLast

slik_kitty responded:
huge hugs

socalmsg responded:
hi bubbles, i just read your post and wanted to respond to you. i feel very sad that you are struggling right now. i am sure you realize that switching one destructive habit for another is not a healthy/safe way in which to cope with the shi- -y parts of life. i fully recognize that you dont want to tell your doctors that you are drinking heavily bc if u do they will pull your medicines. please, please keep in mind that excessive amounts of alcohol mixed with perscription drugs can be very very dangerous. i don't want anything worse to happen to you. what safe methods of coping have you tried so far? which ones have not worked for you? are there other methods of safe coping strategies that you are interested in trying ?

bubbles_bobble replied to socalmsg's response:
[TRIGGER] I hadn't really thought about taking alcohol w/ ex wb so bad only scrambled my brain little which is left! apparently u are the only one on this board who sees it as a problem. I don't have a pdoc anymore so that's handled and I just finished today getting rid of my t. She really didn't help me anyway! My pdoc quit my insurance co cuz they lied to her. They won't allow me to have the pdoc I wanted even w a recommendation. See in a way I kinda just wanna die. I'm on vaca no work yeah but even tho my friend whom I haven't seen in 15 years is grat to see I just am fat and get depressed have PTSD have been in a couple of well publicized incidents and have hated where I live for mostly 20 of the 25 years sorry should just shut up. Goodnite
One day at a time

off_the_wall replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
That's not true. I think it's a major problem too and like SoCal said, can be very dangerous. But I also know there isn't anything any of us can say that's going to cause you to stop drinking because it has to be your decision. I'm sorry if I'm wrong. Like you said, it's a replacement for SH and just like with that, there's nothing anyone can say to make a person stop. I do hope you will be as safe as possible and I am very concerned about my friend.

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
[TRIGGER] BB,

Please seek out help. This is dangerous... I did this this past week... I do not drink so the tequila hit me hard with the meds and I sh with a sharp object... Please do not do as I have done...

I have crisis coming over to my place everyday so as to keep me safe from me.... Please, if you can do the same, to keep you safe, call a mobil crisis or peer line. You do not have to go to hospital, IOP, etc... they come to you.

Hugs to you.
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
[TRIGGER] no iop hopsipal etc does not come to me! they only come to me if they decide i am a harm to myself and they call they police on me. i am not a harm to muyse;f/

kist sleep[y. can't type anymore goodnight everyone
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
[TRIGGER] BB -
I hope you get a good night's sleep and wake up feeling better. i stayed away from this thread til now because of the title. I agree with everyone here. You are taking a big risk mixing meds & alcohol.
OTW is right, no one can tell you to stop drinking, it must come from you. Just please be careful. You are loved here.
Kate_Te

friedeggs replied to Kate_Te's response:
[TRIGGER] bb please listen to everyone, that is a dangerous thing to do. you are so important to evveyone and we need you

bubbles_bobble replied to friedeggs's response:
I've stayed away from here on purpose. tonight i'm scared. i have a really good opportunity to go back to therapy and have the therapist of my choice and the almost choice of pdoc tho it will mean driving far.
at the clinic i could go to which is closer to me i have no choices. they need to hire people. the only choice i have that w/b a good option is a t that i saw at an aa meeting. i'm sure she'd wouldn't accept me and to boot i really don't know anything about her anyway! and it would really be to awkward and its not in earnst that i would want to pick her. just sayin thats about all my choices!
I'm going to iop tomorrow morning to ask that t to be my t. I have no idea what will happen. I would think given the situation that I would be willing to drive so far away and on the hiway or even drive farther would be an indication that i was willing to work really hard!~ if she would keep me on task!
She's soft when she needs to be and hard when she needs to be. but i don't know if she's ready for the challenge???
She's had me in IOP for many years. THe women who will be doing iop at the new facility are two women i don't care for and one was an old t of mine who got promoted to crisis councelor and so now i don' tknow who will be doing that position? I guess the iop at the new facility will be run differently. interesting. i think it needed a change but we'll see what happens.
One day at a time

bubbles_bobble replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
p.s. kate te i realize that you stayed away because of your history. I honor that! thank you women for trying to make me see the light. tonight is the first night i've realized i really need to stop drinking, stop sh'g stop it all.
I know its up to God to decide what will happen. my old t didn't fight for me like she said she would. she said she wouldn't let go of me and she did really easily!
As time goes by more and more i'm realizing i need a t and it sucks. I know my cac won't see me only herself and needs to see me if i have another t.
friends of mine here on this forum thank you for responding.
i'm so lost. it saddens me a great deal that i'm making everyokne sad including my husband by drinking. goodnite
One day at a time

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
How did iop go? How are things progressing re getting a t, etc.? Keep at it, BB. I'm glad you finally heard what everyone had to say about this. We care about you and want you to take care of yourself. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

bubbles_bobble replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
I threw out the booze last night! i went to an aa meeting today. i went to go to iop but no iop becauss she doesn't do it on tues. at the locale i went to and i forgot. so i did get to talk to her. its been okayd by supervisor for her to be my t the gal i want but i don't know if she'll do it. anyway i'm going to behave myself. i feel like cacamole!
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Congratulations BB! Sounds like you are taking all of the right steps (no pun intended). I hope it works out with your new T. I'll tell you this you "sound" better than you have for last couple of weeks.

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
BB,

Congratulations. Such courage and determination you have shown by tossing out the booze and going to an AA meeting. I hope working with your new T is helpful and IOP. I hope you get well soon.

Hugs.
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

The first time I remember hurting myself I was about 13. I hit my head on a desk so hard I made my nose bleed. I first got diagnosed with depression w...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.