Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
bonnie, kate te ote bb @everyone else
friedeggs posted:
I know you guys have had somethings going on please check in.i looked and its been two to or more days. so please let us know how you arwe
My family tree must have been an oak because all my relatives are nuts.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

off_the_wall responded:
Hi Dem. I'm here, just been kind of lurking without much to say and kind of avoiding triggering threads right now to try to stay safe.

I had an appt with my OB this morning and everything looks good with the baby. But now my doctor has me concerned because she says my WBC count is borderline too low and if it stays that low (or especially if it gets any lower) then they will have an issue giving me a spinal tap in order to do my c-section. I was like, "Well uh, I can't have the baby naturally so what does that mean?" And she said, "If you have to have a c-section then you have to have a c-section, I'm just letting you know that there could be a concern for your health. But there's nothing you can do about it so don't worry about it." Oh yeah, ME not worry, RIGHT! They will retest my blood again in a few weeks. I'm also still waiting on my next ultrasound to check on my baby's kidney (that hopefully is no longer enlarged).

How are you, Dem? Thanks for checking up on everyone.

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
dont you love stupid people like that. they may have a medical degree but that dont know how to be human. i understand about lurking, but some how even if you say hi. i am going to try to put up the things that use to . things that are fun . so even if you read that., i got this computer from rent a center. i cant afford but aleast i can be here . so thats all that conts

Kate_Te replied to friedeggs's response:
Hi Dem-
I guess I've been sort of lurking, making occasional comments when I think i can help. Been pretty down lately for no reason, so I haven't had a lot to say. Thanks for checking. ((hugs))

P.S. OTW - I'm with Dem on this one - doctor's who don't know how to be human are the worst. Try not to let it bother you too much, you are going to be okay!

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Thank you both for the reassurance. I never should have googled it. I think she actually said it's my platelets that are too low and that makes sense with what I am seeing online with the numbers she gave me. And too low of platelets can mean all kinds of scary things.

friedeggs replied to Kate_Te's response:
just wanted to make sure . i understand that you all have thongs to do. but when thing that is not always said. when people here are going through some things and we do not hear from you all it just makes us wonder if you are o.k. after all we are family right? family sticks together

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW - anything you can do about it? If not, then just put it in God's hands, like you do with hoping your child has 10 fingers & 10 toes.

Dem - Of course we're family - hell you guys are closer than my actual family.

friedeggs replied to Kate_Te's response:

friedeggs replied to friedeggs's response:
have a good safe day everyone goor

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
[TRIGGER] Kate- she said there's nothing I can do about it. I will continue to pray about it and try to put it in God's hands like you said. I wish I hadn't read about it because it's really pretty scary. Basically my blood is turning to water and so I could have some major issues with my blood not clotting during a c-section. Kind of triggers me and makes me want to see what happens if I SH but for now I am resisting that.

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
Hi everyone

Thanks for starting this thread Dem! Yes we are family!

I'll start by saying i've started treatment with aa for my alcoholism. humbling to say the least. I was 18 days away from a full year of sobriety. o well it don't matter.
My new date is 10-2-12. Do you know what that means 10 to the 12 steps of aa. ironici isn't it!

For today I am safe and I am going to be really busy. Having a slow start as I need starbucks!

Kate te: I'm sorry you're having a not so encouraging time right now. I really appreciate u responding to my thread.
I'm so messed up! o well aren't we all. ha ha

OTW: Remember 90% of the things we worry about never happen. I'm with Kate te put it in Gods hands becauase he will do what is in your best interest. If you ask him every morning to protect you and the health of your baby and for a safe c section then you just have to trust your faith that it will be ok. This is when blind faith really is tested otw and I know you're a believer. So BELIEVE now ok.
Thank you also for posting on my thread.

DEM: Last but not least...........Saved the best Demn'd thiong for last. ha ha Glad we're seeing the fun side of you dem!
Good job girl.

Everyone take good care and when i have more time i will come back and write but for now i need to go.
One day at a time

lovely_lemon_tree replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
  • waves*
    We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi
  •  
    friedeggs replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
    glad to see you llt

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
    OTW,

How horrible... She tells you that there is a reason to be concerned for your health but not to worry about it.... (Shaking my head)

I hope at your next visit all will be well with both you and the baby.

Gra'
    Bonnie
    If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
    Bonnie

MandyCake replied to friedeggs's response:
    OMG... This is so true! Many have lost their "human" sides. They have become robotic, lost their compassion.... Patients are just numbers in a revolving door these days.

I'm finding also that those with Chronic Conditions are subjected to alot of guess work, trial and error experimentation.

Smiles...
    Bonnie
    If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
    Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
    http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.