Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Not feeling good-Trigger
lexismom11 posted:
I have not been feeling too good the past few weeks. I feel like I am getting weaker and unable to deal with everything going on in my life. I have been dealing with little sleep so I am tired all the time. My therapist thinks I should go to the hospital inpatient, but that makes me a burden to others like my mom and my sister. I think they are getting tired of taking care of my daughter when I have to go to the hospital. It all feels pointless to me because my life is not worth it. I feel completely hopeless. I only cause problems for others who have to take care of the mess I make when I am not thinking straight. I can't get into my psychiatrist until the 16th of October. He has no appts. available. I can't get the bad thoughts out of my head. They are just consuming me. I just hate myself so much. There is not point fighting anymore.
There is more I would like to say, but I can't say it here.

bubbles_bobble responded:
[TRIGGER] lexisma
ya know i just passed the 5th anniversary of my sisters suicide oct 3rd............do we ever forget? no. i wonder what my nieces and nephew think this month. this month also on my daughters birthday i attempted.
if you need to go inpatient do your daughter and family a big help and GO!
i STILL HEAR MY DAUGHTERS GROWL DEEP DOWN IN A HURL OF FEAR THAT I WAS GOING TO BE GONE WHEN SHE CALLED THE ER AND TALKED TO ME.
IS IT WORTH THAT?
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
[TRIGGER] Lexismom-
I agree with bb - suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you need to go inpatient it will be a lot less of a burden on your family then if you end it all.
Getting the help this time may be the time you find something that works long term for you. There is no shame in going to the hospital, only in giving up.
Kate_Te

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
[TRIGGER] I, too, agree with BB and Kate_Te. I guess my "attempt" last week and trip to the hospital was actually beneficial to me. I'm now getting the help I need.

The feeling WILL pass, but S is permenant. Please take care of you.

Hugs.
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
[TRIGGER] I agree with what everyone else has said.

If you feel it is a burden on your mother and sister to care for your daughter now when you periodically go to the hospital, how difficult will it be for everyone if you don't take steps now to take care of yourself and keep yourself safe so you're here tomorrow and in the months and years to come?

You're tired and it's okay that you need help. Please listen to your therapist. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

bubbles_bobble replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
[TRIGGER] I hope lexisma that you are either taking steps to go inpatient or you have made a corner turn and rec'd enough other care to be feeling really well.

God speed
One day at a time

lexismom11 replied to Kate_Te's response:
[TRIGGER] I understand what you are saying but I am ashamed to say something to my family. I feel like they will not be OK with it because of how often I need help like that. It makes me feel like it is not worth it.

lexismom11 replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
[TRIGGER] I haven't done anything as of yet because there are things I need to do first. We'll see what happens. I'm not holding out any hope that things will improve. I can't get an earlier appt. with my doctor but I have a therapy appt. on Tuesday. Maybe I will make it until then.

MandyCake replied to lexismom11's response:
[TRIGGER] Lexismom,

Tuesday is just a day away now, you can do it! I hope tonight you are sleeping well and that this new day brings relief to you.

Gra"
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
[TRIGGER] Lex
If you can make it thru just one more day then you'll have therapy tomorrow and you perhaps can come to some resolve and feel better.

I'm sending you good vibes!
One day at a time

lexismom11 replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
[TRIGGER] Having lots of anxiety right now. I can't seem to calm down. I want so much to do bad things. I can't focus on my homework. I'm not working right now so you would think homework is something I could handle. But I can't seem to do that right now. I feel like I am too far gone to turn back now. I do have a therapy appt. tomorrow. I am trying to hang on til then, but I don't know what I will do after that. I can barly function. I can hardly take care of myself let alone my daughter. Feeling very much like a failure at all things.

MandyCake replied to lexismom11's response:
Lexismom,

First, I understand what you are feeling. Second, I'm glad you have therapy today. You do not need to think about "What next post therapy." Just make it to your session and be very open with your T okay? I'll do the same...

I actually think I should be locked up. I have OCD and tend to clean when stressed and I do not even want to do that now. I just want to give up. So... Let's make a deal... We both go to our T's today and be as open as can be about what we are feeling and thinking and then let's chat later, okay?

Hugs to you,
Bonnie

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.