Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
TUFF DAY....
nopoin posted:
CAUTION MAY BE TRIGGERING...............................................................

Well today has been a very tuff day, with my counselor we are starting to deal with my abuse. Writing it out has triggered a lot of emotions, she is not going to allow me to wiggle through this, I can't if I'm supposed to make progress, Things just don't feel right today, My husband threw his cigarette boxes at me tonight and that set me off into a worse S-I mood. so much so there were thoughts beyond just S-I. I forgot to take my morning meds, left them at home on accident so that started the day off bad. When it's one bad thing after another and all things positive are out the window what do you do? My counselor question for me to answer this week is What would I want my kids to remember about me? This question is a hard one for me to put into writing, especially on a tuff day like this. I don't want it to come out sounding like my last letter to them, Any suggestions on how to approach this assignment? Please any advice would be helpful.

MandyCake responded:
Nopoin,

How about keeping it simple and writing: What would you want your children to remember about you? That you love them!!!

Hugs,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

SoCalMSG responded:
HELLO NOPOIN, how are you doing now ? i just read your post (it is saturday afternoon here is so. calif). my heart just broke for u when u said that your husband threw something at you. that just devastated me. i am so sorry that happened. i can easily see how that would move you past thoughts of self-injuring. (

i do not know much about counseling and "homework", so-to-speak, that therapists have their clients do in order to really grab hold of a situation so they can understand it better in order to deal with it in the most constructive/strong way (ect.), but i hope the things you T has u doing help you. no matter what, i would encourage you to shoot for good communication between u both (u and ur t). in other words, let your t really know if certain assignments are particularly hard for u for any reason.

again, thanks for posting your thoughts and reaching out to us.

sincerely, SoCal

MandyCake replied to SoCalMSG's response:
Nopoin,

It is Sunday Morning.... How are you today? I'm sorry your Husband did this to you. It is not okay... Are you safe at home???

My T assigns me homework and I do not understand some of it and other assignments leave me in a SH mood. Like she keeps asking what do I feel? Where do I feel it? What does it feel like? What the heck.... I try to use the "feeling word chart" and the Webster Dictionary to discribe it... Where do I feel however has me baffled...

Baby steps, okay? If you are not ready to tackle the bigger things... Let your T know.

Hugs,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

nopoin replied to MandyCake's response:
I am at home and tonight ( Sunday) I'm feeling ok, I guess thats as good as it get for me. anyway I'm going to tackle my assignment on Monday, I see my T on Tuesday, talk about doing things last min. If I was asked "Where do I feel it". I couldn't tell a T that cause my answer would be all over. My T said for me it was going to get a lot worse before it got better, so your right I have to take baby steps and watch out for the things that trigger me including her questions she wants me to work on. later

bubbles_bobble replied to nopoin's response:
Did she say you were suppose to share this with your children? If you weren't then just write from your heart. I'm hoping you have a safe place to keep it even if that means leaving it with your t!
Or keeping it in a disguised file on the puter and printing it at the very last min.?
I'm sorry your husband threw that at you. No excuse to thorw something at anyone!
You can always call your t monday and ask more specifics if you don't understand what she wants. I think these need to be your words for it to be meaningful (just my thoughts) good luck!
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

my storys still in process and hopfully by the end it'll be a happy one to tell

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful