Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
in semi crisis trig
bubbles_bobble posted:
will go to bed soon and will see how i feel in morning. my t said to me i don't mean to be mean but well let me tell you my own story. so she talks about her pain and her pain pills that she hated to take. and from the gist of the story i felt like what she was telling me is that i try to gain attention from my physical problems. NOT TRUE! but i will admit I'm a complainer!
bad habit.
anyway its been real hard not to sh or drink tonight. husband wants to go a movie sunday and i'm freaked because of the aurora theater shootings. i don't want to go so i'm hoping nothing will be on that he wants to see at the time he wants to see it.
so nerved out about so much stuff this afternoon and tonight. i've been getting manicy in the mornings and then come night time i crash.
and also this cac T on my step two (off aa for sh) said that were my goals realistic. hell yes. So i'm very sad and very sleepy and my husband is sleeping next to me so goodnight i gotta wake him up and he's staying next to me (i thnnk?) so i don' tsh.
One day at a time
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Kate_Te responded:
bb -
I love how T's judge us, instead of help. I hope you print this off & show it to her. Usually if you call them on it, they'll say I didn't mean that... At least if you print it for her she can see how her comments were perceived.

I hope you get a good night's sleep.

MandyCake responded:
BB,

I hope you charge your T, for her using you for her therapy! Just what you need, to sit and listen to her issues... NOT!

I'm with Kate_Te, Just love how we are judged by those who are supposed to be there to help us. Definately, do not let her off the hook. Do as Kate_Te said...

Keep us posted.
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
she's a recovering alcoholic guys. and she uses her stories so she can show me her experience strength and hope is what i guess but sometimes i feel like what you said.
I'm so depressed. I want to do something desperate but we're celebrating my daughters birthday tonight and in an hour i'll be at the salon wiht her doing my nails and peds.
holy cow.......oct 20 last year i attempted suicide and drove myself to er after od and they had me drink charcoal. everyones always said how awful that was and it was no big deal! i chugged it! its a miracle drug really! i'm sad because they found a 10 year olds body dismemebered here in a nptjher suburb up north from me she's been missing since oct 5. i'm really really upset about this and can't quit crying.
it brings back to many memories. and i'm 10 all over again
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
BB,

Regardless of whether or not she is a recovering alcoholic, her methods are not working for you and it is unprofessional of her to be using you for her own therapy under the guise of showing you hope and strength from her experiences in life.

I heard about that poor child on the news today. I pray she did not suffer and I send prayers to her family. I hear you about being 10 all over again... It's okay to cry and be upset over this but try to breathe and focus on things in the present, colors, sounds, shapes, your daughters b'day...

((((((((((((((((((((((TRIGGER PART))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I'd rather have the charcoal then the tube. I have had both. Being Bulemic the Charcoal was as you stated: "no big deal."

I am so happy that you did not succeed one year ago. Otherwise, I would not be chatting with you.

Gra"
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
bb -
You know I know about sharing, but you should still print off this post just so she knows how her words effect you! People don't perceive things the same way and often don't realize how their words are perceived by others. As a therapist she should know how you are reacting to her words.
I am so happy that you didn't succeed last October 20...I never would have gotten to know you. A Mani/Pedi with your daughter sounds like the perfect thing to get your mind off of the news.
(((((bb)))))

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
i'm back now and the houseis empty and i really want to sh badly in the worstest kind of way.

my friend had come down this morning abut 10 mins. before my daughter arrived and i had my earphones in and she helped a bit. She's so kind an dcompashionate. i'm so sad.
my daughter stole my nail tech so i get a different one but its ok cuz she's close to my age.
i'm so sad ok bye
One day at a time

bb-
sounds like you had a nice day. try to concentrate on the positives. I think tonight sounds like a warm blanket, cup of hot cocoa and a good movie night! Stay safe please.

socalmsg responded:
hi there bubbles, i dont know a lot about therapy/counseling, but it does seem a little odd that she told u about that. i mean, i guess it is cool if a T opens up and shares a little bit about where they are coming from. in fact, that might even add to their credibility as a professional. however, if info is shared for the reason of making it seem like they had it worse that you (or something) then that is whack in not appropriate.

just my thoughts )

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
BB,

I agree with Kate_Te... Please be safe...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

im trying sohard to stay here
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Hi BB,

Thinking of you.

Hugs,
Bonnie

In Harmony,
Bonnie

I HAVE called crisis lines 5 x in 2 days. doing the best i can.
One day at a time

bb -
my thoughts are with you! <3

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
thanks kate
I'm about to go to bed. best toyou as well. i hope what i wrot eyou might help?
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

First I have to tell you the prior problem with my posts never got resolved, but I can be persistent; so here goes. I am a 57 year old woman who has s...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.