Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
What's your weekend self-care like?
MandyCake posted:
Hi All,

I am generally not one who engages in self-care... but this weekend I am trying it so that I can wean from having crisis come and check on me...

I bought some Little Debbie Swiss Rolls... to heck with healthy eating this weekend! I have 7 mystery novels to read, movies I have taped to watch, and a store is going out of business and I used their store credit card and bought myself 2 outfit ensambles, a pair of shoes and a pair of slippers... And I am not even going to care when the bill comes in... They will get what I can pay, when I can pay. So There!!!!!!! (Sticking my tongue out)

Tomorrow I was invited to a women's brunch and a women's poetry reading. I said okay I would go... but we shall see...

How about you all? What will you be doing for self care this weekend?

Gra"
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Bonnie, this is a GREAT idea and I'm sorry others missed it. I hope you'll keep at this idea and maybe restart it for the coming weekend.

How did your weekend of fun self-care go?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

MandyCake replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Caprice.

The weekend went well. I did not go out but had a great time watching silly horror flicks, eating my Little Debbies, and reading.

I'll try to restart this...

In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyCake's response:
Sometimes those are the best kinds of evenings.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is josie i am 18 and i have been a self harmer since i was 12. recently ive been on the road to recovery which i have learned is a very long a...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.