Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
This is beej----TRIGGER
purpledolphingirl4 posted:
[TRIGGER] I just got back from a trip this past weekend. It was a rough one. It was enough for me to puke just watching the video.

TRIGGER-

It was so painful that the knives were calling me to cut and I just did and took care of the wound. So much for trying to be stable but am not that stable as of yet. relapsed again. Not sure what else to do in coping with this. Other stuff isn't working for me very well.

beej

MandyCake responded:
Hi beej,

I'm sorry your trip did not go well and that other things seem not to be working for you.

We tend to relapse on SH as it is instinctual, a coping method that has proven to help when we've needed it. Do not beat yourself up over it.

You are working towards stability... (Is anyone really ever fully stable?) You try not to SH. The time between SH behavior has lengthened. You reach out to others. You reach out to us.

I would suggest that you NOT watch the video as it is a trigger. The trip is over... breathe deeply and repeat that the trip is over... keep doing this until you feel calmer... Then why not watch something funny to distract yourself, take a nice bath, read, try anything to distract.

Hugs,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
Hi Beej -
I agree with Bonnie find some fun way to distract this evening. I cut the other day it was the only way to stop the anxiety (if just for a little while). We all have this hard wired coping mechanism in us that we each try to unwire. It takes time, but we are not failures unless we stop trying.

purpledolphingirl4 replied to Kate_Te's response:
[TRIGGER] TRIGGER

I was sexually assaulted by a security guard at my old apt complex. I had to tell my story of what happened that day. The video caught him following me around harassing me and wouldn't stop. In the end, I was raped. For now its a class 1 felony aggravated sexual assault against someone with a disability. I still have flashbacks and sometimes it won't go away to a point I need to cut. Oh well. I will be heading to bed soon.

slik_kitty responded:
((((beej))))

bubbles_bobble replied to slik_kitty's response:
((((((((((((((((((((((BEEJ)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Take some time to do something calming for yourself.
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I know my user name is a little young but that is because I am young. I have been cutting since I was 11 but upon thinking back I have realized I h...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.