Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Great Advice - LOL
Kate_Te posted:
So my psychiatric nurse practitioner (med manager) tells me today what I need to do to get over my agoraphobia is get out more. Seriously!

bubbles_bobble responded:
Kate te

the only way to cure this illness is to get out. i hate to be the bearer or bad news and seem to you like i'm against you because i am not, however, its just like a phobia what they do is expose you to it over and over again until you become unafraid.

you're going to have to force yourself to get out more before you become a hermit. Did she give you a plan on how to do this?

If she didn't then i'd be callin on the phone raisen some hell as tohow she would like you to begin????????????

you hang in there . IM FOR YOU!
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
BB -
I know I need to get out more, it's the fact that she didn't give me a plan on how to do it that is so funny/frustrating. After I told her that I sometimes can't take sitting in my living room & have to go to the bedroom (3 windows vs. 1) she says, well you should get out more, maybe take some walks. If I am uncomfortable in a room with 3 windows, maybe some advice about how to handle the fear would be appropriate.

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
Kate te

time to have a candid talk with this fool! Remember communication can get so messed up and maybe she's just not adept at your condition????
Do you have t? I would take it up with the t cuz some pdoc nurses are really stupid i've found!
One i had had me go to this diet clinic which cost me 600.00
and on a 700 calorie diet.
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I have an appointment with my T next week. It was her suggestion that I ask my Nurse for more klonopin. That's when this "advice" came in. The nurse didn't want to "chase the anxiety with medication". I'm going to have my T call her. Just wanted to share a stupid laugh with you guys. Showing how dumb "Mental Health Professionals" can be.

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
YEAH I HEAR YA! REEEEEEEEEE DIC OOOOOOLOUSED
One day at a time

MandyCake responded:
I'm sorry Kate_Te, when I read this, I couldn't stop laughing... Maybe she needs a dictionary so she is aware of what agoraphobia is?

Thank you for the laugh...

Love you,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

lexismom11 replied to Kate_Te's response:
Without a plan, how are you supposed to accomplish this. When you are too scared to leave the house, you need a plan of action to get you to a point where you can handle getting out some.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm an 18-year-old college student who has been battling depression and anxiety for years. I just started therapy a few months ago and am currentl...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.