Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Tired................Trigger
soulkeepers posted:
[TRIGGER] >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I'm sick of everything and everybody.I just want to run a hot bath and shreds my skin to pieces.And just be while watching the water change color.

That's a lot easier than talking.Feel like who cares you know,can just slide of the map and no would notice.
WHEN EVIL PREVAILS GOOD WILL DO NOTHING
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Kate_Te responded:
Soulkeepers -
I understand your pain. I'm sorry you are feeling this way tonight. I Care! I know you don't know me personally, but I care. I care about everyone on this board, because we have shared our pain and our triumphs with each other. Please take a moment to do something nice for yourself (Ice cream, a warm blanket, etc.) and remember we are here for you.
((((((((((hugs)))))))))

MandyCake responded:
Soulkeepers,

I hear your frustration, resignation and pain. I thank you for reaching out to us here and letting us be here for you.

Can you skip the bath tonight and try something else more soothing like wearing your favorite pj's, eating your favorite food and watching a comedy on TV?

Please check back in with us in the morning and let us know how you are doing.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to MandyCake's response:
Soulkeepers,

I'm so sorry, my post to you was lost in cyberspace...

Thank you for reaching out to us and for sharing your pain, frustration and resignation with us. That is very brave of you.

I hope that you were able to stay safe last night and that, today, a new day, finds you feeling better.

Please check back in with us and let us know how you are.

In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble responded:
I HOPE YOU WERE ABLE TO KEEP YOURSELF SAFE AND TAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS FROM KATE TE AND MANDYCAKE.

HOPE YOU WILL TRY A COUPLE OF THESE THINGS. NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAINED RIGHT?
One day at a time

slik_kitty responded:
it's good to see you. sorry things are still so rough. we do care about you here, so keep talking all you want.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Soulkeepers,

It's now the next day... how are you doing? Are you taking steps to keep yourself safe?

Please call a crisis line if you need help getting through this.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

soulkeepers replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks everyone,

Still safe so far but the urge is yet there.Just having to do something triggered all kinds of things.The mind is a land mine every where you step.It's kind of silly but a task to complete even if it has to be done.

Have to have a procedure done and it's not registering to well.The idea of being unclothed,asleep and with strangers is setting off alarms.That's too close for comfort in the mind of someone who has been abused.

The mind is in full flight mode just screaming to run.It's very different from any other time when dealing with triggers.

All thanks for the care and support

MandyCake replied to soulkeepers's response:
Soulkeepers,

I understand completely about having to undergo procedures and how that is extremely triggering. Can you ask for a female provider and the least amount of people to be present during the procedure? Meaning no students, residents in training, etc..

I like what you wrote about the mind as a land mine.... This is a great description of what it is like to be us... Can I use this phrase in trying to describe myself to my T?

hugs,
bonnie

In Harmony,
Bonnie

soulkeepers replied to MandyCake's response:
Bonnie,

The limit of people being in there can be accommodated.Something like this should be easy but it's always a challenge cause so many things run through the mind.Thinking how defenseless a person is in the situation,so many things come roaring back.Just a lot of creepy factors with 40 minutes to an hour.

The mind is a unpredictable thing there's no switch one can hit.It took one hell of a combination to develop the mind set that we have.Will try to stay safe and busy this weekend and Monday call the Dr office.That's the idea as for now you never know what might get thrown into the mixed of things.

You did need to ask to use any words here.If it helps you to express yourself then feel free.Use whatever is comfortable Sometimes I have to be careful where I step in my own mind.I use too warn my T when the wasn't going good.Watch where you step,which let's him know that anything can trigger something.

Thanks

Thank you Soulkeepers.

In Harmony,
Bonnie

soulkeepers replied to MandyCake's response:
Why bully or taught a person if you want nothing to do with them?

You have the upper hands on them and hold all of the cards.Is it because you have an issue within yourself and you are projecting it towards others to make yourself feel good or what?

Kate_Te replied to soulkeepers's response:
Some people are just mean. They don't have the empathy that normal humans have, they enjoy hurting others. I'm going to state the incredibly obvious here: Stay away from people like that!

soulkeepers replied to Kate_Te's response:
Kate_Te

Thanks

Would write more but having a hard time staying awake.

Soulkeepers,

I'm lost... I do not understand this post above... is it for me?

I hope I didn't make anyone feel bullied and I would certainly not want to harm anyone...

Me confused????

Bonnie

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 42 and have been diagnosed with major recurrent depression, borderline personality disorder and PTSD. I have also been struggling with self harm ...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.