Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
hey caprice can i aqsk you something
friedeggs posted:
................................................. you have known me the longest/ i have been here three and half years. since u have come here how i am i doing/ i feel like i can do beeter. i love everyone here. i have learned a lot of meaningful lessons from being here
My family tree must have been an oak because all my relatives are nuts.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Dem,

I can honestly tell you that from my non-expert perspective I've seen enormous progress. I know it's hard for you to see because you're still in the midst of it, but it's there. Healing, growing, progressing almost always happen in small increments.

What has sometimes helped me is to sit down and look back and actually write down - in note form - all I've done or accomplished in the last year or five years. When you see them listed in black and white you realize how far you've come.

You have opened up. You continue to reach out for help and TO help. You even express yourself and your needs more clearly. You have persisted with therapy despite setbacks and changes in therapists. You keep moving forward, baby step by baby step. I know it sometimes feel like nothing is happening and/or you're taking a step forward and two steps back but over the long term, progress is there.

You didn't get to this place of pain overnight. You survived many decades of abuse and difficulty. You're still here. And we don't heal from that much overnight. It takes time and work on your part. And maybe that's the biggest thing, Dem... you ARE working on it.

You are so much stronger than you believe yourself to be.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.