Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
New Kid
Sammurai711 posted:
Hey guys, I've been contimplating joining or not, but what the hell. Talking to people has always been a big weakness of mine (Okay, FINE, not so much "talking" is my issue its venting and TRUST) and I really do want to improve my mental health so I'm going to try and give this a shot. I have no idea where on Earth to begin.

Kate_Te responded:
Hi Sammurai-
Welcome. You'll find us to be a very caring group of women. If you read some of the posts, you'll see we basically talk about what's bothering us today. It's ok to vent, it's what the board is here for. We offer each other advice & support. I hope you feel comfortable here.

Kate_Te

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
HI
I'M GLAD YOU ARE HERE. WELCOME! IF YOU HAPPEN TO READ MY POST YOU'LL UNDERSTAND WHY I'M NOT SO CHEERY. SORRY. TAKE CARE OF YOU
One day at a time

Sammurai711 replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I understand completely, I hope you get better soon! I'm terribly ill lately aswell, earlier this week I either had the flu or a bug, either way NOT PRETTY. Today is the third time this week I've missed school, I miss school a lot. The past two nights I've gotton only 3 hours of sleep and I have Insomnia as it is. As a result my cronic acid reflux burned so much worse than I can remember any other time, probably from lack of food. My head was throbbing like crazy and the smallest sounds KILLED my brain (yup, I asked my mom to stop breathing across the table). The slightest noises would even get me to be nauseous. The cherry on top of it all?- My neighbors hired loud pavers with louder machines lined up right outside my window. I would have moved to the other room but whenever I stand up my nerves go crazy and I start having a panic attack, I nearly collaped on my floor at one point. Today I SOOO wanted to cut. DEEP. I hate hospitals more than anything, but today I seriously thought about calling myself an abulance. I am so affraid I'll be like this again.

bubbles_bobble replied to Sammurai711's response:
YOU'RE SEEING A T (THERAPIST) RIGHT? YOU MIGHT BE LIKE THAT AGAIN AND IF YOU ARE TELL SOMEONE CALL A CRISIS LINE OR DO CALL THAT AMBULANCE.

CUTTING IS SERIOUS BUSINESS AND IF YOU HIT SOMETHING WRONG IT MIGHT BE UGLIER THAN HOW YOU'VE BEEN SICK.

I HOPE YOU ARE SAFE TONIGHT
One day at a time

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the group. sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. in spite of it all you are still here and still fighting. that's what we all do and it helps to talk to people with similar problems.

Sammurai711 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Dear BB,
Yes, I have been seeing my therapist for about 3 years now. Just a few months back I had the balls to tell him about cutting and MAN I felt soooo much better. I still get the urge but looking at the scars I have gives me courage to find a new method of relaxation. My boyfriend Dan, I'll probably mention him a lot, came over last night to help my nerves relax. He always knows what to do; although I woke up a lot, he was always awake to help me get back to sleep. WOOHOO! About time I rest!

Dear Slik_Kitty,
That's what I plan on using this community for; support from people who understand. I tried talking with my mother, and she doesn't get how my brain works. I really hope I continue not to cut, or any other harmful technques I've used in the past.

Thank You, everyone for the support!

MandyCake replied to Sammurai711's response:
Congratulations Sammurai! That was a big step in coming clean with your T. Also for your not shing....

I love your screen name. I have a neice and that is her real name....

In Harmony,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Sammurai711 replied to MandyCake's response:
Aw, that's an awesome name! My name is Samm but everyone seems to think my first and last name together sounds like "Sammurai" so it's stuck.

MandyCake replied to Sammurai711's response:
If you knew my neice you would see that the name fits her well. lol.
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

My story is much of the same as others. I started to self harm when I was 10 years old. I'm 37 years old now and still have slips of self injury. ...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.