Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
BONNIE
bubbles_bobble posted:
SO READING INTO THINGS:

YOU THINK SOMETHIING OTHER THAN WHAT IT REALLY IS AND THEN YOU MIGHT BLOW IT OUT OF CONTEXT AND GET INTO HEATED DISCUSSION ABOUT THE ISSUES WHEN ITS NOT ANYTHING TO DO SUCH BEHAVIOR OVER. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE?

FOR INSTANCE: I LOVE THE MUSICAL ARTIST DAVID GRAY
BUT MAYBE YOU DON'T AND YOU SAY HE'S NOT GOOD AT ALL
AND I SAY I LIKE HIM AND THINK HE SOUNDS GOOD AND HE IS VALUABLE FOR TODAYS GENRE AND YOU STILL SAY NO HE'S NO GOOD AT ALL. ITS BLACK AND WHITE. THERE IS NO GIVE AND TAKE. IF YOU JUST MAKE BLANKET STATEMENTS THAT SEEM LIKE FACTS THAT THIS IS THE WAY IT IS AND THATS THE ONLY WAY IT CAN BE WELL THEN THAT IS SQUEWED THINKING. IT CAN BE ALL KINDS OF WAYS FOR ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE. ITS NOT A MATTER OF RIGHT OR WRONG IT JUST IS.

ANY OF THIS MAKE SENSE? CENTS? LOL.........
One day at a time

MandyCake responded:
Thank you BB... I now get it... So this is what my T means when she says I'm rigid in my thinking.. I need to see things from other perspectives, not just my own...

Interesting...
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
yes the world has many opinions and some we don't agree with and that's ok. however, listening to someone else and validating them like i did with you makes people feel at ease and makes them feel better about themselves.
theres not always THIS IS THE WAY I T IS life situations only if you make it that way in your head. In order to get thru life we must bend like a tree in the wind and ya know what happens to the tree that couldn't bend well he gets broken limbs. same with humans.
Remember we are all unique and come from different backgrounds so we all think something different too.

I think i can i think i can i thnk i can..
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Thank you BB... I think I can, I'll try, I will...
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

bubbles_bobble replied to MandyCake's response:
that's great bonnie..........i'm glad it makes sense. certainly we have our core values. meaning those things that we believe like you shouldn't kill someone unless its in self defense, you shouldn't lie intentionally, you shouldn't steal, stuff like that that are non negotiables. its not meant to strip you of your belief system only to help you deal with yourself and others better. to bend and give and get without hurting yourself or others.

i've been very fortunate to have strong communication skills throughout my life and i don't know why cuz my parents sure as hell didn't teach that to me. somehow i've picked it up but sometimes i get really upset and bite someone figurateively speaking.

well thats all i got.............just remember to put the shoe on the other foot
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

BB, You are fab!

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello-- I am a Teacher and have been doing that for the past few years. I have been struggling with my cutting as an "addiction" as my the...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.