Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
anyone around?
bubbles_bobble posted:
i'm kinda freakin gout........ trying to remain calm but being very anxious because of this eastern storm. all of you and dear people i care a lot about too on the east coast. anybody know anyting about massachusetts and whats goin on there?

they're gonna most likely stop the subway in ny manhattan.

well if anyone is around i'll be around for a bit and then i'm gonna try to sleep i'm starting to get tired. ineed sleep desperately.

me
One day at a time
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Kate_Te responded:
Bubbles -
I am here. From what I can tell nothing is going to happen til tomorrow evening/night. I'm not expecting much here but some wind & rain.
Kate_Te

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
WELL THATS GOOD NEWS. BUTY ITS NOT REALLY SUPPOSE TO HIT TILL MON.
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
From the last update I saw on Weather.com, it's going to hit somewhere between the middle of Jersey & New York City. But as you say it's over 24 hours away and they just aren't that good at predicting these things.

JUST BE SAFE AND DON'T PANIC IF YOU FEEL YOURSELF PANICKYING HEAR MY VOICE CALMING YOU DOWN TELLING YOU TO DO SOME DDEEPPP BREATHING OK
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to Kate_Te's response:
Bubbles -
just saw your warning about gas stoves on the other post. Thank you. If I have to I'll only use it while I'm awake.

THANK YOU!
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I'm going to bed now. Sleep Well Bubbles & don't worry about us on the east coast - we're hardier than you think. Besides 90% of what you worry about never comes true

this is true its just they're calling this a storm of the century . and it really is kickin gup this morning. they're saying we're even going to get some ripple effect of this storm.

We do winter storms! and heat but no nonsense humidity. thats why i never moved! you can't beat our weather in colorado................
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Here in Vermont where I live, Burlington, we are expecting high winds monday into tuesday and 1-2 inches only of rain.

Oh well, at least I get the wind. I did go to the Ethan Allen Tower and managed to reach it but it is closed for the season so I couldn't go to the top... Still it was a lovely walk even if I had a breathing attack (thank goodness for rescue inhalers) and now my spine, hips and pelvis are killing me. But hey, I should sleep well tonight... And on my walk... I got to see an all PINK tree! I've never seen a pink tree in the wild before... I took a leaf to save...

Well, I think I will check a few more postings and then sit in my massage chair and then head off to la-la land....

Hugs,
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Sammurai711 responded:
Here in NH, they say Monday is windy with rain showers. High 59F. Winds NE at 25 to 40 mph. Chance of rain 90%. Winds could occasionally gust over 50 mph. An Monday night windy with a heavy, steady rain in the evening. Rain showers continuing late. Low around 55F. ESE winds at 25 to 35 mph, diminishing to 15 to 25 mph. 1 to 2 inches of rain expected. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

MandyCake replied to Sammurai711's response:
Are you inland Samm or near the beaches? Next to LLT, you are closer to the storm then I...

I hope you are all prepared and stay safe.

Gra'
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Sammurai711 replied to MandyCake's response:
I'm in Rockingham County and thanks I think my mom is more on edge than I. Hero offered us to stay with him if (more like when) the power goes out, probably for the best, we went CRAZY in the storm of 2008, THANK GAWDD FOR GENERATORS!

Stay safe everyone!

bubbles_bobble replied to Sammurai711's response:
LOVELY WOULD YOU CHECK IN? I DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE IN THE CLOSEST RANGE OF TROUBLE. CHECK IN OK.
One day at a time

lovely_lemon_tree replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Here I am. Not to worry, our winds and stuff aren't supposed to pick up until this afternoon. I woke up this morning and it wasn't doing much more than drizzling with a little breeze.

Will keep you updated as the storm goes on.

R
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

Spotlight: Member Stories

oh let's see here...born July 15th '84. I have Bipolar Disorder, Severe Anxiety Disorder, OCD tendencies (that's how my doc put it), possi...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.