Skip to content


It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Hurricane Sandy is getting to the best of us all.
Sammurai711 posted:
TRIGGER I suppose. My boyfriend, or "hero" as I usually refer to him has been having a crummy day, I know I'm not supposed to feel bad just because he does, but he's the one person who stopped me from aa suicide attempt earlier this year -hense "hero"- and he's now been having suicidal thoughts. He has assured me he won't act on anything but how am I not supposed to be depressed when the person keeping me alive doesn't want be any longer?
Kate_Te responded:
The best advice you can give your boyfriend/hero is to get a therapist himself. You know from your own experience that once you start thinking about it, it's hard to stop without help.
Sammurai711 replied to Kate_Te's response:
He's been like this in the past, not often when when he os, it worries me. He usually doesn't even talk to me when he's like this. I tried convinsing his to talk to someone, anyone really, like his dad but he wants to be left alone so I'm stuck here to worry... I hope he's okay
bubbles_bobble replied to Sammurai711's response:
URGE HIM TO CALL A CRISIS LINE! He needs to talk to someone!
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a 31 year old woman who started SI when I was 17. I was in and out of in-patient treatment from the time I was 17 until I was 23. I managed to...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.