Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
November...
MandyCake posted:
Last night was halloween, all hallows eve...

In my tradition it is Samhain... One this night 3 circles are cast. One is a circle of life and light, one of death and darkness and one where the two merge to become one in a cauldron of self...

Honor is given to these 3 things... I went to the lake to celebrate...

First I honored life and light. I gave thanks for the blessings that these hold dear... Then I honored death (those who have gone before me) by lighting a candle for them and remembering those I have loved be they human or animal. I also honored the dark... I gave thanks for the blessings that the dark as given to me... for with out darks blessings, I would not have lessons from which to learn and grow. Then I give honor to myself.... I am the cauldron that embodies all of these things...

In my tradition... this is the start of an incredible internal spiritual journey... A lesson gets revealed.... and from now until February, that lesson that has been revealed, that opens my third eye, is worked on. The seaweed of life that entagled me this past year begins to be unwrapped... each strand looked at... is it a strand that has kept me bound or a strand that has helped nurish me? I let go of that which does not serve and embrace that which I feel will keep nurishing me... Things that I may desire to work on further...

After this celebration... Honor is given to nature and all that she is... she is much more than the land, the wind, the water, the fire and spirit...
I leave an offering for the creatures that share this world with me.

A song I like to sing as a way of honoring nature is:

"Earth my body, Water my blood, Air my breath and Fire my spirit."

I just wanted to share my tradition with you all and I hope it will bring to you inspiration....

Gra'
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Take the Poll

Is there a tradition that inspires you? A tradition that you would be willing to share here? How do you honor that tradition? How does it honor you?
  • There are no right or wrong answers.
  • The answers may surprise you.
vote
View Poll Results

lovely_lemon_tree responded:
That was beautiful, Bonnie. I don't know why so many people take offense against traditions like yours but I guess it's because they're afraid of the unknown.

I haven't done anything on Halloween for many years. Yesterday I got one trick-or-treater and I had nothing to give the little guy! I felt bad, but it was all packed away. I will be moving on Saturday.
We must be the change we wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Ghandi

MandyCake replied to lovely_lemon_tree's response:
LLT,

Thank you... Do not feel bad about not having "anything" to give the little guy because you did give him a gift... trust me... the gift of nothing holds much within... a lesson on selflessness, a lesson on helping others instead of taking from others, a lesson just questioning the Why... Little guys gift from you will be the most promising and remembered of all of the others...

As for your move... I know moving is stressful so please take many mini-spa, self-soothing breaks once everything is in your new place. It does not have to all be unpacked and put away at once. If time is taken, it gives you a chance to go piece, by piece, of your things to see if they serve the you that you have become or not, if they are useful, or not, what memories are attached, good or bad, take your time lovely sister.. May your move go smoothly and you be blessed.

Gra'
Bonnie
If I could have one day and have that day be very windy and choose what I wished to be... I'd be a Kite and fly free...

In Harmony,
Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.