Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
KATE KATE TE ARE YOU OK
bubbles_bobble posted:
KATE THE LAST TIME WE COMMUNICATED IT WAS BY BLACKBERRY AND I HAVEA FEELING YOUR BATTERIES WENT DEAD. I'M DEATHLY WORRIED ABOUT YOU.

KATE TE SAME DEAL NO POWER FOR YOU? ARE YOU OK?

IF THERE IS ANYWAY YOU CAN CHECK IN AND ANYBODY ELSE WE'RE MISSING PLEASE DO
One day at a time
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bubbles_bobble responded:
I heard from kate she made it to her sis's and is ok. Now if we could just hear from kate te and the others.
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I'm Baaack!!! A very large tree took out the telephone pole behind my house. Since I get both my phone & internet from verizon, no nothing for a week!

Know what you don't want to do? Cut someone with Agoraphobia off from the outside world! Went a little nuts there.

Okay now.
Thanks for the concern!
Hope no one from our community was hurt!

Kate Te

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Very glad you are okay and are back online now! Hurricanes suck!

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Yes they do. Especially when you are the only block in 100 miles that had any damage. lol
How are you OTW?

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
o hells bells kate te SO GLAD TO SEE YOU!

WE WAS WAOORRIED. ;0 hi WELCOME B ACK
One day at a time

Kate_Te replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Thanks Bubbles. I missed you ladies!!!! I spent a whole week in my head - that's not good. No phone, no internet & I didn't want to go out. Not good. But I survived!

Anon_4264 replied to Kate_Te's response:
Surviving in that kind of situation is a huge win! Great job! Do you still have damage to deal with or are things better now?

I'm doing okay... This afternoon my feet, hands, and face started swelling up and when I checked my BP it was kind of high. Will keep an eye on it but I'm just worried about getting preeclampsia like I did during my last pregnancy. Otherwise I'm okay.

off_the_wall replied to Anon_4264's response:
Akkk, my phone decided to post that as anonymous.

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
otw

you best be restin for a while. i hope you report this to your doc. isn't it weird i was just telling you in a previous post that u were probably having swollen feet and legs! (how'd I know_ funny huh?
One day at a time

I don't have anything to clean up. It was only one tree in a yard 4 houses away, that just happened to take down my telephone pole while it was destroying a neighbor's garage and a couple of roofs (not mine).
I'm sorry you are swelling. Just do me a favor & stay in close contact with your ob. I want both you and your new daughter safe. (P.S. When are you due?)

I'm very glad to hear there is no damage at your place. I'm due Dec 7, OB right now wants to schedule c-section for Dec 5 unless I go into labor before that. I feel pretty certain this is going to be an end of November baby though. I'm keeping a close eye on the BP and will definitely call my OB if it gets much higher so no worries there. I know preeclampsia is nothing to mess around with (was super scary when I had it the last time!)

If she is born on December 7th, you can name her Pearl (Pearl Harbor Day).

That would be cute but she definitely won't be born Dec 7 since if I make it to Dec 5 that will be the day I have the c-section. We shall see.... BP is better today so far so I'm relieved about that.

lostkate responded:
Hi Everyone,

Very happy to be home. We have power and heat, thank god. Im extremely exhausted. Water came within three houses from us. A lot of damaged in the neighbor, people still without power. We were in my car a lot because it was warmer then the apartment. I considering sleeping in the car Friday night. I had to make a decision on Friday, stay in my apartment and freeze or try to make to my sister's with the little gas I had. She kept saying to come. Well, we made to my sisters, who also had no power but had a gas fire place and got a generator. We stayed until today, I wasnt sure if I could make it home with the little gas I had, got close to my apartment and got on line for gas. Was there for 6 hours, they didnt get a delivery, so we left, just made it home on fumes. Will get up early tomorrow, get on line for gas and hope for the best. My daughter has been out of school for a week and will be out tomorrow. I have not been in work for work either and will be out tomorrow also. I need gas to get to work. If I get gas early enough I will go in but I also have to go food shopping because we had to clean out the frig before we left. I have nothing. It has been overwhelming for me, there are so many of my daughters friend with no homes now.
My ex got mad at me for not helping him but there was really nothing I could do. The night of the storm he text me and said another foot the water will be in the house, is there anything you want. The next day he text and said Thanks for the help. I have no idea what he expected me to do. I got really upset over that.
I got upset with one of my sisters who lives 10mins from me, who got power on Friday, she text me to say she got power and offer candles. I was so upset, I dont need candles, I need heat, she never offered to lets us stay with her. Instead I drove 45mins to my other sisters house, used all my gas so we wont freeze. Let me tell you I was sooo cold Thursday night, I was shaking.

My anxiety and stress had been through the roof, I was an emotionally mess before the storm, now Im just totally drained of any emotion. Before I left for my sisters I ask a friend(who had power) if my daughter and I could stay with them. She basically said no. I tried another friend but didnt ask because she was in worse shape then we were.

I still very exhausted so I hope this makes sense, I dont have enough energy to try and re read this. Right now all I need is a hug and shoulder to cry on.

I know I whining right now but I am grateful I have a warm apartment now, no physical harm came to me or my daughter. We were very fortunate with this storm. My heart goes out to those who lost everything.

Thank you Fran and all of you listening to me.
Kate

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well um where do I start. I am a 14 year old girl. I have Bipolar Disorder, OCD, Gluten Intolerance, Severe Anxiety and Depression, and an awful famil...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.