Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Don't know if trigger but hoping you all find humor in this...
MandyCake posted:
If I could build my own psych hospital, it would be in a lovely country setting. It would have mountains that have the lovely stone and slate building them high against the sky. There would be fields of beautiful wheat blowing in the wind, florals. There would be forests with clear paths to walk among the tree's and no insects would ever bother anyone. There would be a lovely crisp, clean, clear lake of sparkling water that set between two mountains with a waterfall and large stones to sunbath or warm after a swim. There would be horses for horseback riding and animals everywhere. It would a place that had 4 seasons but they never extended to the extreme so it was never too hot or too cold. The Hospital would be made of stone and built like a huge castle. There would be courtyards with benches and street lamps for sitting outside. Inside would be grande with the fireplaces that give off heat and look real but are not. (to avoid my phobia's and health stuff) A huge library with every map, book, globes, you could think of and velvet chase lounges in which to curl up. I also would have large windows with wide window seats to curl up on. The dining room would have a long walnut table with comfortable chairs. An adjoining kitchen would be modern but would also include an open hearth for cooking. High ceilings to hang herbs, pots and pans, hanging down. This would open to the great outdoors. The common area would be filled with pillows, those soft fluffy types with matching throws. Here you would find the entertainment system of TV, Musical Instruments, Radio, etc... There would be a game room with a pool table, ping-pong, darts, and so very much more. Even a room that would be like walking into an observatory and to be surrounded by stars, planets, etc. Bedrooms would be spacious with private baths, large closets, to be personalized b each individual. The baths would be lovely, step down into a good size pool (think the roman baths). There would be whatever was desired around the pool and every luxery in it. There would even be a sauna. Staff would include a massuese/massage division, Personal fitness, yoga, meditation... It would not be like or feel like an institution. Staff would be approachable, courtious, knowledgeable, friendly and willing to not only listen but to hear, not only look but to see, and work with the patients not seperate from or against them.

AND THE BEST PART OF ALL...... YOU WOULD ALL BE THERE WITH ME.
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

slik_kitty responded:
ok let's build it! i would so not mind taking a vacation there. lol

MandyCake replied to slik_kitty's response:
Yeah!!!! Any other takers???
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
It sounds really lovely.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
all of my inpatient stays are vacations. I'd love your place Bonnie. I kept trying to get 4 winds to build a spa - massage, mani/pedi, steam bath, etc.

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
Have you ever visited Oenda Center? I think it is just south of Albany in Renesselar. Lovely!

Also, The Brattleboro "Retreat" here in southern Vermont is a great place..

Sadly, others are eh... not... so easily into incorporating natural healing techniques. But perhaps we can change this... one person at a time?

Nope never been to either. I'm familiar with the Brattleboro Retreat, but have never been. Never heard of Oenda. But I have taken mineral baths in the Saratoga Springs and done a Spa Day at Sagamore on Lake George! If only I had money, we could meet at Brattleboro & have Crazy Lady day!!

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
OMG... How cool would that be... two "crazies with agoraphobia out in public." I am so laughing at the possibilities. It sounds great... I'd love this.... I hear you sister about money... sucks... same here... but I will check back in on this getting together if my finances improve...
Deal?

Deal!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My cutting problem started last year and has gotten worse since then. There were moments where I would put my lighter to a pair of scissors and set it...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful