Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
turning a page but not for the good
friedeggs posted:
trigger /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////lase night i was wanting to stand up for myself . biy as usual i was told that it was hust going to upset the family.,so here iam again just dealing with it. dont want to, i hate it iam miserable and worthless, i have decided to be self destructive so that way everyone would be happy
My family tree must have been an oak because all my relatives are nuts.

MandyCake responded:
Friedeggs, I just want to swear... and I don't swear.... at your family! Grrrrrr... You should not have to "just deal." I can understand why you feel what you feel.

Sometimes our old coping mechanisms are exactly was is needed to get us through. That's what I was told in Therapy... they'd rather I sh then worse... if all other things did not work in the time of crisis...

Please know this is a bump in the road. RUN THOSE DOUBLE DARN BUMPS OVER, BACK UP AND DO IT AGAIN. Remember the movie: Smokey and the Bandit? We'll be your backup!

Seriously, take care of yourself... vent here as much as you want or need to. FYI" you may feel miserable and worthless but you are most certainly NOT these things. You have much value to me and you bring joy to my life.

Love you.
Bonnie

PS... if your family tree is an oak because of the nuts...
Come hang from my nut tree anyday.... We can be a Black Walnut Tree which is stronger and more likely will outlive the oak!
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Well, of course it's going to upset the family. How things are now works for them.

Standing up for yourself is difficult when you've rarely done it. It does get easier. Be prepared for all kinds of push back. That doesn't mean it's not worth doing for your sake.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

bubbles_bobble replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Dem,
I've been in this same situation with my family. I always let them walk on me and never said a word ............Do they still do it? On occassion but htat happens with most people i think.

THe thing is keep doing it and it will get better! There will be resistance! boy ever will there be reistance but that's ok.

Remember this ITS NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS WHAT THEY THINK OF YOU! if you can embrace that it will help you immensly. You don't have to be a people pleaser!

me
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
BB,

Wow, That was a powerful statement about what others thinking not being our business... I never quite looked at it this way...

Hugs,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

The first time I remember hurting myself I was about 13. I hit my head on a desk so hard I made my nose bleed. I first got diagnosed with depression w...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.