Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Distraction Action
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
What a week it has been for so many areas in North America! I'm glad that those here who were in Sandy's path are still checking in here.

1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today?

2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live?

3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something.

4. What kind of music helps you?

5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them?

You are cared for here. All of you. Thank you for taking care of each other through some of the most difficult of times.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MandyCake responded:
1. Burlington, Vermont. Sunny skies, gentle breeze and a lovely 34 degree's.

2. Vermont is one of the healthiest states, air quality, life style.

3. COFFEE and more coffee... Did I mention, Coffee?

4. Nature.

5. Criminal Minds, NCIS, CSI, Two and 1/2 Men, Broke Girls, Big Bang Theory, History, Science, National Geographic channels, Sci-fi and movies.

Thank you Caprice for this and for being a part of this loving family.
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

off_the_wall responded:
1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today? Up until today it's been pretty warm (upper 80s) but this morning a cool front came through so now it's sunny and in the 70s. Feels great!

2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live? Texans have a lot of pride in their state. Since we were once our own nation, Texans feel different than just a part of the U.S. We are Americans but we tend to be more proud to be Texans (sorry if that offends anyone, but it's the way most people I know feel...)

3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something. Being with my husband and child gives me comfort.

4. What kind of music helps you? Music tends to be triggering to me-- even music that shouldn't be triggering.

5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them? I like to watch sports on TV, particularly football.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
1. Schenectady, NY. Cool 40's.
2. The best thing about NY is it's protections for it's citizens. We have guaranteed health care (Since 1982), It takes 3 years to foreclose a home & it takes 30 days to evict someone. We are a proud liberal state.
3. My kitties give me comfort. They seem to know when they need to snuggle with mommy, bc she's having a bad day.
4. Not a huge music fan. If I do listen to it, it's usually 80's new wave stuff (I know I'm old).
5. Walking Dead, Revolution & Football.

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today? denver coloraod beautiful low 70's! 2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live? There's a lot to do here if you're physcially able but we're very handicap assessible even on trails! We're friendly and warm and always have a better economy when the rest of the country sucks! we also have great medical and mental health facilities.

3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something. listening to music (my ipod particularly) and now taylor swift I love the tempo and beat of her music!
I bought like a damn teenager her red album! how hilarious is that I"m 53 listening to taylor swift! ha ha
also i am really beginning to enjoy my time working out in the pool with my neighboor and friend

4. What kind of music helps you? pop, soft rock, pink, ts
also anzem flute music with indian flare
5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them?
revolution (love that show), the denver broncos (football) he otw wanna get togethr and watch football? amazing race, the voice
One day at a time

off_the_wall replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I definitely root for your Denver Broncos now a days because you have my boy Von Miller! Although I loved when y'all had Tim Tebow too...

lostkate responded:
1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today? Long Island, NY, another cold day, High today was 44, will be getting colder, another Nor'easter coming, not looking forward to.

2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live? The beaches

3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something. I enjoy walking on the beach. I need to find something that is year round.

4. What kind of music helps you? I like all kinds of music but find myself not listening to it as much.

5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them? The Amazing Race, Person of Interest, havent had power for a while so its been over a week.

Thank you Caprice for caring about us. Hope you enjoyed your time off, you were missed.

Kate

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
Tebow Rocks!
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

MandyCake responded:
Hey Caprice,

Where's your responses?... You are one of us...

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I love reading all your responses, especially what you like about where you live. Very interesting and enlightening.

1. Sunny and cool here today.

2. Nature nature nature. I can get myself out into wilderness within 5/10 minutes, a bit longer and I'm oceanside. Clear, rushing rivers, crystal clear lakes, beautiful mountains, old growth forests. That's what I love about my province.

3. Getting out into nature. I lose that sometimes, get too busy, or am in too much pain. But it's essential for my emotional well-being to get myself out connecting to nature on a regular basis.

This was me taking a breather on a hike this past summer:

4. Right now, opera.

5. Old shows: Buffy, Gilmore Girls and many others. Current shows: Homeland, Game of Thrones (and some other cable shows), Big Bang, So You Think You Can Dance, Nashville, Modern Family, Downton Abbey, Amazing Race, Survivor.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Pssst!

It's okay that there are no responses further here but I am wondering, because I've had problems sharing pics before, if any of you can see the pic I posted...?

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
yes and I am glad yo bumped it cause I missed it! I wanna go hiking with you next summer! gorgeous!
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

friedeggs replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
yea i can, i tell you some thing, the picture that i changed in to was one i took. i love the sunsets here pa . thats it
A best friend is someone who never leaves you when you need them.Someone who never means to hurt you.And is someone who loves you.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
Wouldn't that be great, Paja?! Thanks!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to friedeggs's response:
Dem, your profile pic is beautiful! I love pics like that and have really gotten into nature photography this year, more than ever before. Thanks for sharing that with us.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Just turned 17 and I've been self harming for about four years now. I'm not really close to my family, and I'm anti-social a lot of the ti...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.