1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today? Up until today it's been pretty warm (upper 80s) but this morning a cool front came through so now it's sunny and in the 70s. Feels great!
2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live? Texans have a lot of pride in their state. Since we were once our own nation, Texans feel different than just a part of the U.S. We are Americans but we tend to be more proud to be Texans (sorry if that offends anyone, but it's the way most people I know feel...)
3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something. Being with my husband and child gives me comfort.
4. What kind of music helps you? Music tends to be triggering to me-- even music that shouldn't be triggering.
5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them? I like to watch sports on TV, particularly football.
1. Schenectady, NY. Cool 40's. 2. The best thing about NY is it's protections for it's citizens. We have guaranteed health care (Since 1982), It takes 3 years to foreclose a home & it takes 30 days to evict someone. We are a proud liberal state. 3. My kitties give me comfort. They seem to know when they need to snuggle with mommy, bc she's having a bad day. 4. Not a huge music fan. If I do listen to it, it's usually 80's new wave stuff (I know I'm old). 5. Walking Dead, Revolution & Football.
1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today? denver coloraod beautiful low 70's! 2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live? There's a lot to do here if you're physcially able but we're very handicap assessible even on trails! We're friendly and warm and always have a better economy when the rest of the country sucks! we also have great medical and mental health facilities.
3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something. listening to music (my ipod particularly) and now taylor swift I love the tempo and beat of her music! I bought like a damn teenager her red album! how hilarious is that I"m 53 listening to taylor swift! ha ha also i am really beginning to enjoy my time working out in the pool with my neighboor and friend
4. What kind of music helps you? pop, soft rock, pink, ts also anzem flute music with indian flare 5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them? revolution (love that show), the denver broncos (football) he otw wanna get togethr and watch football? amazing race, the voice
1. Wherever you are, how's the weather today? Long Island, NY, another cold day, High today was 44, will be getting colder, another Nor'easter coming, not looking forward to.
2. What's the best thing about the state (or province) in which you live? The beaches
3. Aside from self harm, what thing or activity gives you comfort? If you don't have something, maybe it's time to find something. I enjoy walking on the beach. I need to find something that is year round.
4. What kind of music helps you? I like all kinds of music but find myself not listening to it as much.
5. Are there tv shows or videos which help you escape for a little while? When was the last time you watched them? The Amazing Race, Person of Interest, havent had power for a while so its been over a week.
Thank you Caprice for caring about us. Hope you enjoyed your time off, you were missed.
I love reading all your responses, especially what you like about where you live. Very interesting and enlightening.
1. Sunny and cool here today.
2. Nature nature nature. I can get myself out into wilderness within 5/10 minutes, a bit longer and I'm oceanside. Clear, rushing rivers, crystal clear lakes, beautiful mountains, old growth forests. That's what I love about my province.
3. Getting out into nature. I lose that sometimes, get too busy, or am in too much pain. But it's essential for my emotional well-being to get myself out connecting to nature on a regular basis.
This was me taking a breather on a hike this past summer:
4. Right now, opera.
5. Old shows: Buffy, Gilmore Girls and many others. Current shows: Homeland, Game of Thrones (and some other cable shows), Big Bang, So You Think You Can Dance, Nashville, Modern Family, Downton Abbey, Amazing Race, Survivor.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. ~Christopher Robin to Pooh
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
The opinions expressed in WebMD Communities are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. These opinions do not represent the opinions of WebMD. Communities are not reviewed by a WebMD physician or any member of the WebMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. Some of these opinions may contain information about treatments or uses of drug products that have not been approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. WebMD does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.
Do not consider Communities as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your doctor or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on WebMD. You should always speak with your doctor before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your care plan or treatment. WebMD understands that reading individual, real-life experiences can be a helpful resource, but it is never a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment from a qualified health care provider. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or dial 911 immediately.