Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
off topic
DOGDANCING_TCOS posted:
oh America what have you done?
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

MandyCake responded:
I second that..
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Anon_473 responded:
Amen...
Goes to show you - people really don't pay attention and ignore the past. Lets have a tv personality...bc thats what all the cool cats in hollyweird want. Dumb bunnies....

I could go on..but this is not the place.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Anon_473's response:
Please be careful about such comments here. Keep in mind that half the country voted one way or the other and to speak so generally or negatively about those who chose to vote differently than you for their own valid reasons is unnecessary.
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

off_the_wall replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Wait, people shouldn't be able to come on a public forum and speak their minds about last night's vote or about a politician because it's "unnecessary"? Interesting.......

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
OTW,

I see it more as this being a support forum, and that a political discussion can be "heated" and not considered supportive. To me DDT's statement was more of a reflection of frustrations and not about the election... hence why I put, I agree...

Hugs Dear Woman...
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

MandyCake replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Ummm... my perception and comment had nothing to do with voting... I was agree as a generalization to frustrations of all things here in America... Perhaps I should have elaborated?...

Sorry Caprice and to anyone else who may have seen this differently.

Hugs and LOVE to you all...
Bonnie

MandyCake replied to Anon_473's response:
When I read this I had to smile at the "Dumb bunnies" because all that popped into my head was Trix are for kids and then I wanted a bowl of Trix... (which I do not have here)...

friedeggs replied to MandyCake's response:
we have the right to our opinions , we are also have the right to vote the way we want with out the name calling. bonnie is right, this is not the place tor this
My family tree must have been an oak because all my relatives are nuts.

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
When I read caprice's response I thought she was referring to the entire thread that DD started. And maybe she was but I can see now how she might have been speaking to the anonymous response though I do think "dumb bunnies" is pretty mild name calling and I laughed too because I'm pretty sure I know who posted it and that she meant no harm in it. The fact of the matter is that entirely too many Americans, regardless of who they voted for, go to the polling booths extremely uninformed. But what can you do about it?

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
you are right. but as bonnie said things can get heated, we are here to support each other. i am wanting to reply to that posted but i know this is not the place
A best friend is someone who never leaves you when you need them.Someone who never means to hurt you.And is someone who loves you.

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
Well if it doesn't belong here then the thread should just be deleted rather than publicly reprimanding (and probably really upsetting) an individual poster for staring her opinion on the matter.

off_the_wall replied to off_the_wall's response:
But frankly to me, any moderation on this thread takes a political tone, including the initial moderation. Which is why I commented on it to begin with.

DOGDANCING_TCOS replied to off_the_wall's response:
Allow me to clear this up before blows are exchanged.

First off that post is missing the authors name. He's like that. He just thinks you all will know him via his vileness. Alex wrote that.

Secondly to further clarify, He is 15 years old and doesn't care one nano about the presidential race. That comment is referring to the passing of two states bill legalizing marijuana.

Thirdly I hate politic in general so this is as much into this conversation as I want to go.

Paja
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
I agree with Caprice that this isn't really the place for political conversations. People can be fully informed on the issues & for their own beliefs, vote one way or the other. My brother & I are on opposite sides of the political fence, but we are both news junkies - we just read it differently & have different priorities. Both men running for President love this country & believe their path is the right one for the country.

The country is very split (50/50) on the right path for us to take. Just because you don't agree with the other side, doesn't mean they don't know, care & vehemently believe in their principles.

On one point I totally agree with the sentiment of Anon. Too many people vote who do not pay attention to the issues & vote like it's an episode of America's got talent or something; because they vote who they think is prettier or has the best hair, or some other stupid reason.

Sorry, just my 2 cents.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I started to cut and tried to commit suicide when I was 17.At age 27 I had a stroke and age 38 had another.I have just started cutting again at 38.I f...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.