Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Extreme pain, don't know what to do- OT
off_the_wall posted:
Since Saturday I've been having some spotting. Then yesterday I started getting these episodes of extreme pain in the lower right side of my abdomen. They last about 45 minutes, during which time I am in so much pain I absolutely can't walk or move. I called my OB office and was told if I'm not having regular contractions or heavy bleeding that I'm fine. I don't know what to do and I'm really scared that something else is wrong because I can't imagine severe pain like this being normal. When it happens I seriously feel like my appendix is rupturing but then when it finally goes away I feel fine. I know yall aren't doctors and can't help me but I just needed to tell someone. Being in pain and scared sucks. I know I could go to the hospital to get checked out but the last time I did that it was a nightmare (and extremely costly). I just wish I knew what was wrong.

DOGDANCING_TCOS responded:
Lay on left side when they start to move your uterus/baby off the spot, if that doesn't ease the pain its time to be more aggressive with the OB office and/or go to ER.

If all else fails you tell them you haven't felt the baby move all day - that will get there attention.
I'm not really a psychopath, I just play one on the internet.

off_the_wall replied to DOGDANCING_TCOS's response:
The pain is somewhat better when I lie on my left side like you suggested. Any idea what's wrong with me?

rugger1369 responded:
Whoa, sorry for your stress. I know nothing about pregancy but I wish you relief ASAP! Follow your heart, and if you feel best going to the ER then go. Better to be safe and without pain!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Paja gave great advice and I'm glad it's helped a bit. I agree with her... if this continues, get more aggressive with your OB and/or go to the ER.

I hope it eases entirely for you. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

off_the_wall replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
The pain went away and hasn't been back this evening. I even cleaned the entire house with no pain. So thank God! But that's how this pain has been- when it's there it feels unbearable and when it's gone it is such a relief. Just want to know everything is okay with my baby. This pregnancy has been completely different than my one with P and she's not nearly as active as P was so then I get worried.

Thank you for the advice DD and to Rugger and Caprice for caring!

MandyCake replied to off_the_wall's response:
So good to hear that your pain went away. What a blessing. It is okay if she is more laid back that P inutero. Hopefully, she maintains this once born. lol...

Hugs,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to off_the_wall's response:
I hope it's continued to stay away.

Re your pregnancies, my two were completely different. I carried them differently, I had pain throughout my second one (possibly due to the c-section for the first one and some complications there), had bleeding and cramping with the second one. And voila, he came out just as healthy as the first one.

Always pay attention to your body and pursue help when needed but know that there can be a lot of differences and seeming complications and it can all turn out well. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

friedeggs replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
who knows you may deliver sooner than your due date/ ob s never get that right listen to everyone each pregancy is diffrent, i really got to for knpw u will be back later
A best friend is someone who never leaves you when you need them.Someone who never means to hurt you.And is someone who loves you.

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
Thank you each for responding and caring. Still spotting quite a bit but haven't had any more pain so I'll see what my dr says at my appointment on Tuesday. My husband says this baby is just laid back and calm like him whereas P is hyperactive like me. We will see if that holds true once she arrives. Thank you Caprice for the reassurance that these things can turn out just fine despite pain and bleeding.

My doctor is scheduling my c-section for 2 days before my due date. This is despite the fact that I went into labor 9 days early with P and that this baby is measuring big. So... I do believe I will go into labor before then but at least I'll know she's ready to be born.

Can't wait to meet my baby girl!

bubbles_bobble replied to off_the_wall's response:
I'm glad youre feeling better about things otw and the pain has subsided i'm sorry i havent been here fo ryou. i tried to access my phone to do this post yesterday haven't had computers available cuz the ocmputer guy was working on them argh
so anyway................you take good care and know i'm on your side.
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

Another crazy cold weather loving Canuck who has been hanging around for awhile. I am a medical radiation technologist in radiography and soon Magneti...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.