Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Absent from Life - Possible TRIGGER
Sammurai711 posted:
SCHOOL: Well this week I didnt go to school AT ALL. My mom wants to find alternatives for me. At first the idea gave me so much anxiety that I couldn't even talk about the subject. But skipping school nearly everyday for the past few weeks is probably a lot more harmful for me.
FEELING OLD: I threw my back out two days ago... Hero took me to his chiropractor who couldn't start making me feel better because they needed xrays and a scan of my back so I'm still in loads of pain (FRICKIN' AWESOME.....)
HERO: It has been a tough week not seeing Hero that often. Usually I see him every night but his schedual this week is from 12-8pm with an hour and a half ride hom (without traffic). We got into a bit of a fit a few days ago and I treatened to OD on my medication.... I know shame on me, I let my bipolar monster get the best of me.
KITTY CAT: 2 of my 3 cats were really sick this week, to the point where I had to hold one's mouth open so she could actually breath. My mom contimplated putting that one down but instead we took her to the vet, he gave her pills, and as of now she is MUCH better. Seeing my mom so stressed out about money with the cat put me back as her supporter/back bone. While my cat and I were in the car waiting for my mom to pay, I took Cleo (all our cats have Egyptian names) out of the carrier. An older woman who was parked next to us came back outside with a staff member who took a box with a blanket over it. I was crushed. The woman went back into her car and stared crying. I put Cleo back into the carrier and tapped on the woman's window. I offered her a hug and we ended up talking about animals for a few minutes. I was freezing so I went back to my car and started playing with Cleo again. The woman walked up to my car now and asked if she could pet my cat. While she was petting Cleo she said the cat that just pasted away looked exactly like mine.
Something about making strangers smile has always givin me so much happiness.

rugger1369 responded:
Hi Sammurai-

It has been a week of many different struggles for you, but it is wonderful to hear your ability to put your feelings aside and lend comfort to a complete stranger! That is trully beautiful. Try to find that peace you bring to others when you are feeling anxious/stressed. Easier said, I know, however even the slightest attempt could surprise you.

I am not a doctor in anyway, but I play rugby and have had to take care of many different pains. The best is an ice bath (terrible, but the best). Ice any swelling for no more than 20min at a time. Or if you can get someone to help...Hero maybe, Tiger Balm is great! It is like IcyHot but sooo much better (and doesn;t smell as strong).

Stay strong! (HUGS)

Spotlight: Member Stories

The real story begins when I was a young girl, when the disease first entered my life. All my memories before the diagnosis have been washed away by t...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.