Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Blood Isn't Thicker Than Water.
Sammurai711 posted:
TRIGGER
So last week my cousin whose my mom's age had writen on my facebook on a photo of Hero and I about her opinion that our relationship is wrong. (I'm 15, He's 21) She went on and on about it for the public to see (Mind you, she's the whore of the family, no better way to say it.). I won that battle an she shut up. Later that night, Hero and I were supposed to go Trick or Trreating with my Aunt, Uncle, and 3 younger cousins. Because my Aunt didn't tell me that one of the girl's friend and her mom was coming too, we were rudely dis invited. I didn't go Trick or Treating earlier that week BECAUSE we were going to go with them, so I was pissed. Even later that night, one of Hero and I's friends commented on the same photo pissing me off further. Both Hero and I FLIPPED out on him and Hero told him that next time he says anything to do with our relation ship he'll call the cops for harrasment.
Now today, my cousin that I had an issue with in the first place, her daughter (my age) told me that Hero couldn't come to Thanksgiving because my uncle's would have an issue with him and it would "get ugly".
So both Hero, my mom, and I decided that we are staying home for Thanksgiving.
I'm so stressed.
I hate the world.

bubbles_bobble responded:
yes families are not always our bff's. that's for sure. I get that as I've disenherited some of my family members. and getting ready to disenherit another soon.

Just i know this sounds really stupid and my daughter at your age hated me saying this but if you can try to breath deeply from your lower belly and hold it for a second once you get all that air in you and then let it go. try to learn to meditate so you can tray and help your stress.

i know its not easy. That was extremely rude to disinvite you to an event! Sometimes you just have to look at the people you're dealing and go REALLY THATS ON YOU AND I REALLY DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK OF ME! you are still forming who your core self will be so give thought if you can of what you want for that persons future? What in your power can you do to insure that? Be realistic. What besides Hero will make you happy and how do you make your own happiness without anyone else around?

I'm sorry that you've been having this kind of trouble. That's tough stuff! Maybe you'll just have to start a new family tradition at your home for thanksgiving and make it the best thanksgiving ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You take care of yourself and keep on keepin on

bb
One day at a time

MandyCake replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
Sam,

I can not understand families that post everything to facebook. You think they would be more "adult" and discuss issues face to face... but then again, I do not and have never really belonged to a family so what do I know...

I agree with BB's wisdom. Sometimes you must distant yourself from the problem and say $%^& it!

Hugs,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Sammurai711 replied to MandyCake's response:
I've always been close to my mom's side of the family so it's hard to just let everything go.
BB- I have been trying to breath, i take after my mom with the meditation is key policy but between stress, the season, and dust because I'm always cleaning; my asthma is TERRIBLE. However, I'll still try to breath to calm myself down.
Bonnie- My mom said the same thing last night about "$%^& it!". It has been my brother's quote for the longest time, about everything. His advise to her when my father left the family... $%^& it! At a chinese resterant and there is sushi that looks like it'll give you food posioning.... $%^& it! I do love my brother for, I guess making me more go with the flow but at the same time, he's been talking to my cousin and is probably the core of all the hate I'm getting....
I appreciate all the help and support. I hope my family sucks it up soon, I hate the idea of not knowing who's going to react however. I thought my cousin would be A LOT less judgmental. I also thought one of my aunt would be so judgmental that it starts a fight, but my mom and I were talking to her about it and she WAS SO COOL WITH IT.

The game of life is impossible, and I'm not talking about the board game.

Spotlight: Member Stories

A child of light, born of darkness, but which one will she be? The light an illusion and the darkness all consuming, does she dare hope to ever be fre...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.