Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Interview
Kate_Te posted:
Just got back from my first interview in about 3 years. You know how you can tell you really nailed it? When the interviewer says "I encourage you to apply to other agencies & keep looking on your own".
I went through panic, chest pains & shaky hands for this? Just shoot me now.

MandyCake responded:
OMG, How RUDE of them! I feel for you Kate_Te... how horrible this experience must have been. Thank Goodness it is now behind you. I applaud you for being so brave in getting out and going to the interview... I do not think I could have done that. You are awesome!
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Kate_Te replied to MandyCake's response:
thanks bonnie. I don't know how awesome I am, I barely got through it. the worst part is i used to teach interviewing techniques to college students. It was just that they didn't have any part time positions, then why bring me in? I told them I only wanted part time.
I swear 3 klonopin, shaking all over, chest pains & a 3 bus ride for that! I think it'll be a while before I try again.

lexismom11 replied to Kate_Te's response:
At least you gave it a shot. You don't know what will happen until you try.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I'm so proud of you, Kate. I know how hard this was for you but you did it. And you're still here, still talking to us.

I always tried to view such things as good practice for me, no matter what the outcome of an individual interview.

How are you doing today?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Caprice - That's what I tell everyone else - it's good practice, interviewing is an art, etc., etc. I wish I could believe if for myself.
My problem is that I believe the interview went the way it did was because of me (my physical self). I believe they went from come on in for an interview, to we don't place part time people, upon seeing and talking to me. I've never had good luck with agencies. They should just hang a sign transgendered individuals need not apply.
This makes me crazy. I want to punch things, I want to curl up in a ball and cry. The worst part is I know I looked good, I know I was qualified for their positions and I never even got the chance to tell them I was limited by bus routes. It just was bad from the beginning. ARGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to Kate_Te's response:
It is upsetting when we feel rejected for who we are or what we look like. I don't think it's just transgendered individuals who have to combat that though, sadly, I suspect it makes it that much more difficult. (I've been rejected for all sorts of things, including health conditions over which I have no control, my gender, my weight, my age and so on.)

Someone will see the gem that you are and realize they'd be lucky to have you.

One step at a time, dear one. (((hugs)))
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

Kate_Te replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Caprice. I don't know why I even went to this interview - I never do well with agencies. No I just need to figure out how to let go of the anger & move on. Thank you for the support.

Kate_Te replied to Kate_Te's response:
Anybody have any suggestions how to stop my catastrophizing & anger towards this guy I interviewed with? I'm doing the Stop every few minutes.
I just want to cry. I feel like I'll never find a job again, I'll never get out of the house, I'll never become a productive member of society again.
All I can say is AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

bubbles_bobble replied to Kate_Te's response:
o hon.....................i know how it feels to be rejected. in this marketplace of work its really hard. there are so many people who are looking. don't digress ................. he was just doing his job and its no reflection on you at all! I admire that you pushed yourself to do something extremely difficult.
most people have this problem and get nervous for an interview let alone do it with all the things yo uhad to do to get there!
For the disease you have you have to keep doing it over nad over until you feel better about it. its just how it is exposure therapy is what its called.\
YOU ROCK! LOOK AT ALL THE POSITIVE THINGS YOU DID! YOU WENT OUT AND RODE HOW MANY BUSES???????????????? CRIPES THAT ALONE WOULD FLIP ME OUT! AND THEN YOU'RE HAVING A PANIC ATTACK AND THEN YOU GO AND INTERVIEW WITH A MAN! HE'S AN AR HLE AND YOU HAVE TO TAKE THE BUSES BACK TO YOUR PLACE AND YOU MAKE IT HOME SAFE. YOU DID IT GIRL!
I THINK HYOU SHOULD PAT YOURSELF ON THE BACK.
AND KEEP USING THAT STOPSIGN. OVER AND OVER AN DOVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER .............AND THEN ONCE YOU GET THAT DONE AND YOU SCREAM OUT LOUD STOP WITH THE STOPSIGN YOU DO THE THING OF REPLACING IT WITH A HAPPY THOUGHT. NOW COMMON YOU CAN FIND ONE HAPPY THOUGHT. JUST ONE. SO YOU SAY STOP WITH TH ESTOP SIGN AND THEN YOU THINK ABOUT THE HAPPY THOUGHT. HUGGERS BB
One day at a time

Spotlight: Member Stories

oh let's see here...born July 15th '84. I have Bipolar Disorder, Severe Anxiety Disorder, OCD tendencies (that's how my doc put it), possi...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.