Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
What Are Your Plans for Thanksgiving?
Caprice_WebMD_Staff posted:
I know that family holidays can sometimes be triggering.

What are your plans? If this is a difficult holiday or time for you, how will you take care of yourself?

What's your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal?

And what are you thankful for this year?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

MandyCake responded:
I do not celebrate American Holidays. I used to sign up to work these days at the hospital so others could have the "holidays" off.

Thankful for my webmd family!
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

off_the_wall responded:
Well the plan was to have a nice relaxing day home with my husband and daughter. But if I have the baby between now and then I guess that changes things as we will have family here to "help".

I like all parts of the Thanksgiving meal- yum!

I am beyond thankful for my husband and daughters.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to MandyCake's response:
I am working the American holidays this year (and have in years past too).
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to off_the_wall's response:
We'll all be thankful this year to celebrate the birth of your new little one.

penguie responded:
errrr when is the us thanksgiving?

Penguie be a dumb canuck what can I say
but penguie smart since wants to avoid xborder shopping on a certain insane friday as does not want to wind up in a ny state jail for cart rage

Kate_Te replied to penguie's response:
Penguie
US Thanksgiving is the 22nd (always the 4th Thursday of November). So, you don't want to come down & shop on the 23rd! lol
Hey, I doubt many Americans can tell you when Canada's Thanksgiving is.

Kate_Te replied to Kate_Te's response:
What are your plans? If this is a difficult holiday or time for you, how will you take care of yourself?
Thanksgiving is a weird holiday for me, my birthday always falls in the 4 day period Thanksgiving - Sunday. It brings up a lot of feelings of loss over the loss of my mother. I'll be eating at my brother's house this year & trying to keep it together.

What's your favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal?
My favorite is the variety of tastes, the cranberry with the sweet potato, But if I had to name one thing it would be the stuffing.

And what are you thankful for this year?
I'm thankful I'm still alive and can continue this journey towards sanity. P.S. I'm grateful for OTW's baby!

lexismom11 responded:
My plans for Thanksgiving are to stay home and enjoy the day with my daughter and parents. Maybe I'll see my biological dad. He might come down. It's not necessarily a difficult time for me like it used to be.

My favorite part of the meal is the turkey and mashed potatoes.

I am thankful for my daughter who is my reason for living.

bubbles_bobble replied to lexismom11's response:
HMMMMMMMMMMMMM

GRATITUDE I GUESS I DIDN'T START ONE FOR NOVEMBER SORRY ALL.
I GUESS I M GRATEFUL FOR SOON TO GET ANOTHER PAIN IN MY ARSE OUT OF MY LIFE!
I (WHEN WE HAVE TURKEY AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS) LIKE THE MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY AND TURKEY. GIVE ME A DRUMSTICK PLEASE.
THIS YEAR WE'RE SUPPOSE TO HAVE TURDUCKEN AND WHATEVER MY DAUGHTER MAKES, IM MAKING MASHED POTATOES AND WE'RE BUYING TWO KINDS OF GRAVY.
I'M ALSO MAKING A PASTA SALAD. DAUGHTER IS BRINGING DESERT.

I AM THANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY! AND SOON TO BE STEP GRANDMA TO OTWS LITTLE ONE AND MY OWN GRANDDAUGHTER. WOW A DOUBLE HEADER
One day at a time

off_the_wall replied to bubbles_bobble's response:
I'm grateful for everyone here being so grateful for my new baby. Children are such a blessing and I absolutely can't wait to share her with each of you here. Thank you all so much for all the love and support that you show towards my family and I. I am in tears because it means so much to me.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm an 18-year-old college student who has been battling depression and anxiety for years. I just started therapy a few months ago and am currentl...More

Helpful Tips

For when you can't find the words
Inspired by replying to another post... I thought something like this might be useful for those of us who have taken to injuring ourselves ... More
Was this Helpful?
33 of 35 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.