Skip to content

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Akkkkk! Not ready yet!
off_the_wall posted:
Had an appointment with my OB today who told me I am 3 cm dilated and when they hooked the baby up to the monitor they found I am having contractions. My OB says I'm in "early labor" and should have the baby within the week. The contractions aren't painful so they sent me home. Uhm, I'm not ready for this! I had it set in my mind that I've got at least 2 more weeks. Now I'm super stressed and scared. My house is a disaster and I don't have the energy to clean it. I don't even have a bag packed to take to the hospital yet. As stressed as I am, I really just want to sleep. I hope my Dr is wrong....
FirstPrevious12NextLast

friedeggs responded:
YEA ,see i told you i thought was you would go sooner then your due date. just take a deep breath and relax/ do what you can and let hubby due the rest, little girl is going to be a go getter . she has her mind set to do it different. she needs a uncommon name. my thoughts will be with you and your family. cant wait to see your wonderful blessing at this hoilday season
A best friend is someone who never leaves you when you need them.Someone who never means to hurt you.And is someone who loves you.

off_the_wall replied to friedeggs's response:
Yeah that's another thing, we still haven't agreed on a name for her yet! Oh boy, baby girl needs to stay put a bit longer!

I'm much more scared this time than I was last time. I know how hard it is to recover from a c-section. I know how hard it is to have a newborn. I'm scared my baby P won't get the attention she needs from me. I'm scared about leaving P in the care of family members while I'm in the hospital. I know that due to my low platelet condition there is a risk with an epidural and that I may not even get one for my c-section (in which case I'd have to be put under general anesthesia). I'm just scared.....

Kate_Te replied to off_the_wall's response:
Deep breaths.
Everything will work out - you'll see. You're going to have a beautiful baby daughter that you'll name by the time she's 3 (lol). You'll figure out the attention sharing thing. It will just work out - Just like when you had P, you didn't know how you would handle everything, but you did; and you'll do it again. Just concentrate on having a beautiful healthy baby and everything else will fall into place!!!
BIG HUGS!!!!!!

off_the_wall replied to Kate_Te's response:
Thank you Kate. I'm trying hard to stay calm. I had to be in the hospital with P for over a week and the entire time I was there my body shook uncontrollably because I was just so scared. Besides SH, I really don't know how to calm myself. I know to take deep breathes and all that but that doesn't stop the shaking. I didn't sleep that week because I couldn't calm down enough. I really don't want that to happen again.

Caprice_WebMD_Staff replied to off_the_wall's response:
Hi OTW,

Everyone else gave such good advice though I know it's all easier said than done. It will go however it goes and worrying won't change any of it. You will get through this, just like you got through the first one. And so will your sweet P.

FYI, I had my sons via c-section and the recovery with the second one was SO much better than the first.

Wish we could all give you hugs and clean your house for you and pack that bag. Can your husband help at all?
You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
~Christopher Robin to Pooh

off_the_wall replied to Caprice_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you Caprice for the reassurance that things will be okay. And yes, my husband has agreed to help me with things when he gets home from work. If I really am about to have this baby then I think I'm getting ripped off because shouldn't I be getting a burst of energy to do all that "nesting" I need to do? Instead I'm just sooo exhausted I can barely keep my eyes open.

lexismom11 replied to off_the_wall's response:
When I was pregnant, I never got any burst of energy that I had heard so much about. I got ripped off too. I had my daughter six weeks early and I was in no way ready to bring her home that soon. She spent a few weeks in the hospital after she was born, but she turned out just fine. You will get everything done that needs to be done because your husband will help you get ready. Just pack your bag with comfortable clothes and try to get as much rest as possible. P will be just fine because you will still be able to give her all the attention she needs. Just keep in mind that you have your husband to rely on for support.

friedeggs replied to off_the_wall's response:
because you are stressing to much. just one step at time. when hubby gets home let him get p. go get a little sleep. it will j help. i am so sorry i didnt mean to add that with what i said about the name. i was trying to say that i was happy for you and that came out wrong, i am sorry, i love you
A best friend is someone who never leaves you when you need them.Someone who never means to hurt you.And is someone who loves you.

bubbles_bobble replied to friedeggs's response:
Otw."026 life is showing you just How ambiguous it is! I'm sorry that she's not coming at the time that you expected but that is ambiguity once again life is showing you that it's okay ! keep deep breathing find a focal point To have to concentrate on and don't worry about p will be fine And don't forget daddy's got her back and yours to civilization has been going on for years you will survive this I guarantee it you hang in there and I'm praying for you and take God with you!!!!!!!!!
One day at a time

Lexismom- I can definitely imagine you weren't prepared for your daughter to arrive 6 weeks early! If my daughter were to be born right now it would only be about 3 weeks early but that still isn't what I've mentally prepared for. Husband helped clean this evening so even though I still have a thousand things to get done, I feel a little better about things.

Dem, I was laughing when I responded to your message about the baby's name so no worries! I know she will end up with a name so that's the least of my worries right now. Plus we have some nice names we are considering.

MandyCake responded:
Woo-Hoo... Baby has a mind of it's own and is saying, ""Let me out of here!" Once you see her, she will let you know her name.

Rest... Hubby will do what needs doing...

Hugs,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

friedeggs replied to MandyCake's response:
you will be fine, that little girl is going to very much own person. look at what she is doing now. like i said due dates are never right, you now that we nay not there with you, you cane keep us all with you

Thank you bubbles, Bonnie, and dem for the encouraging words. Didn't go into labor during the night so thankfully I have another day to try to get things accomplished, if only I can find the energy and motivation to do so. I know my dr seems to think I will go into labor within the week but I have read online how people can be 3 cm and having contractions for weeks before going into active labor- sooo, we will see. Did I mention my dr is leaving town for a week starting on Saturday? And the nurse told me they are going to be short staffed all of next week because of Thanksgiving. So that's just my kind of luck.

friedeggs replied to friedeggs's response:
please just relax, you are going to be fine, its true some time women go in to labor like that. my sister went into labor on July4 and it didnt have her until the tenth.

Spotlight: Member Stories

my name is josie i am 18 and i have been a self harmer since i was 12. recently ive been on the road to recovery which i have learned is a very long a...More

Helpful Tips

question
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// this nothing meant dor taking away people s ... More
Was this Helpful?
10 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.