Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

It's been suggested that we leave a space between the start of a post and the triggering part.

Write something innocuous in the first line. then leave some spaces between in and the subject matter. this should take care of accidentally triggering someone.

How and Why to Report a Post
Big Bad World
Sammurai711 posted:
Trigger.
So I've noticed a pattern lately: Me staying home. No school. No life. Just home.
I think I'm becoming (or am) agorphobic. Part of my is afraid if I do have this issue. But another part cherishes it because I know no matter what or where I go, I think of every possible way to die at that moment. It's driving me nuts, staying home makes me feel like I have control of what happens in my life. I just texted Hero telling him how confused I am, my mom knows alswell, and now, I'm thinking of telling Richard Nixon (My father's name on my phone.. real name is Rich). Myself aswell as everyone else believes he's the reason I have anxiety/depression (which snowballed into many other issues). And I know he's trying to make things right but I know I'll never trust him. Part of me wants to tell him about cutting/suicidal attempt/now agorphobia, that way maybe he'll wake up and realize he did more harm to me than he thought. But if I tell him, there is no untelling him.
I'm not sure if I can take that risk or not.

Kate_Te responded:
Hi Sam -
As an agoraphobic, I can let you know it's not fun. It's nothing you want to wish upon yourself. The social anxiety, the fear for no reason - it really sucks!
Before you do something like tell Richard Nixon (love the name by the way) about your cutting/suicidal attempts, I'd recommend you talk it over with your T. They might be able to help you come up with a way of telling him that will help you, or they may suggest being further along in therapy - I don't know, but I wouldn't make that kind of move without talking it over with my T.
If you really get bad with the suicidal thoughts, call your T or the crisis line! You have way too much to live for & you are definitely worth it.
Kate_Te

MandyCake replied to Kate_Te's response:
Samm,

I agree with Kate_Te... Please talk this over with your T.

Hugs,
Bonnie
I have acheived my dream of being a kyte, for a single day, riding the wind. The anchors that held me down lifted... I was set free.. Now my journey of healing is possible. Gra' Bonnie

Spotlight: Member Stories

lot relevant things i could say... the last one i just got fired .. that complicate my to do list, dont give a # about money, it's just i got debt...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 4
http://www.myemoticons.com/emoticons/images/msn/girlie/teddy.gif gotta have a cute stuffie! ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 33 found this helpful